1st Live Stream Flight

Reaction score
So I just did my first live stream flight and it was pretty cool. Had a buddy of mine watching and he said that it was a good video. I didn't do much but just fly around my neighborhood to test the first stream.

I will have to set up my other tablet next time so I can read any live chat, during the stream, as it doesn't show any statistics on the app... OR at least I don't know if it can or not.

Anyways, seems like the video is choppy even though I had full wifi signal.

Last edited:
I tried live streaming to YouTube and it worked, but it too was kind of choppy. The aircraft was only about ten feet away so it was not the radio link, rather I think live streaming requires a lot of Internet upload bandwidth (with good QoS) to work well. Note that most home connections support considerably less bandwidth on the upstream side than downstream.

i streamed on facebook and mine was the same way. choppy with big jumps every couple seconds

I tried live streaming to YouTube and it worked, but it too was kind of choppy. The aircraft was only about ten feet away so it was not the radio link, rather I think live streaming requires a lot of Internet upload bandwidth (with good QoS) to work well. Note that most home connections support considerably less bandwidth on the upstream side than downstream.
You're right, as I live stream on youtube and twitch a lot, but those are video games. I have a 5mb upload speed which is fine for 720p. Might try cell signal next time.

Last edited:
I have same choppy problem. Will follow this thread. However ... I believe it wasn't choppy on live stream when the DJI go app was at 3.0.0 and I will try that tomorrow to confirm

Neon Euc

Well... Still lagged for me sadly. Not sure if it's to do with me flying in a built up wifi area but I will test in an open field

Neon Euc

I did a live stream test last night to YouTube from in my house on a 4g Verizon signal, solid 30 second lag in the stream. It worked well but for the delay. Sort of like live network tv, or satellite. It's not really "real" time but near real time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I did a live stream test last night to YouTube from in my house on a 4g Verizon signal, solid 30 second lag in the stream. It worked well but for the delay. Sort of like live network tv, or satellite. It's not really "real" time but near real time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Correct, as any streaming service is going to have a delay.

Has anyone successfully used their p4p with periscope? I tried with producer and the custom rmtp but periscope said the bit rate was too high and there were key frame errors. Same issue with my mavic as well as far as the too high of bitrate.

Where is the live stream settings? I have the latest update and using Android on Samsung Note 5. Not seeing setup options under general settings.

You can hear it buffering. Im curious to find out what your internet upload speed is from your provider?

It seems like the youtube and rtmp streaming apps are not limiting the broadcast resolution or bitrate which causes huge issues streaming from 4G, or even many broadband internet connections at home. I'm wondering if bringing the camera setting down to 720p (or whatever the max streaming resolution is for the streaming service you're connecting to) would limit the bitrate to provide a more stream to the rtmp server. Has anyone tested this?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj