1st IMU calibration

Reaction score
Had to do my first IMU calibration today. It was fine til today. On current firmware. Today it would start circling like it was in first stages of doing a funnel trick, and it would drift pretty bad.
The calibration, along with a compass calibration, fixed it, but what a hassle to get set up.
I've read about floor tiles and such, but how does everyone set up their level surface? I had to use a 1' x 1' concrete paver in the dirt, with a 4' level. What a PITA that is. Gotta be a better way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What a PITA that is. Gotta be a better way.

Boom,

I do mine on my wooden dining room table. I have a piece of picture glass that spans all four motors. I set the bird on the table (props off) and put the picture glass on top of the motor studs. I can then use a spirit, bubble or straight level on the glass and shim up the legs of the bird with business cards until its level. Works great.

Jerry

Last edited:
Great idea. Might try that next time

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I use dining table too. Keep a flat board on it and level the board with paper inserts until its leveled. Its pretty easy.

Same here. Wooden dining room table shimmed to level. Well worth the accuracy.

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 & Tapatalk

I tend not to go to extremes and have calibrated on something like a kitchen counter which is no doubt a degree off but it works just fine.

When I have checked I used the iPhone level which is part of the compass app to take a quick reading.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj