1st flight today - Gopro settings & led questions

Reaction score
My 11yo son and I had our 1st flights today. It couldn't have gone better. We both took off and landed a couple of times and the phantom performed perfectly. Used course lock and home lock pretty successfully. But I had a couple questions.

I set the gopro in simultaneous picture and video mode. Video at 1080 30fps medium FOV, and pics on 7mp medium FOV. The pics were very washed out looking. Protune was off. It was a totally overcast day, so that may have been the issue. I took the gopro skiing a few days ago and had the same settings and the pics were very good, but they were up close. So maybe it was just the overcast day.
Does dedicated picture mode (without simultaneous video) come out better or is it the same? The pics were about 1 mb each, so I may switch to 12mp. Not sure if that will help. I've also heard people take video in 4k and then take frames for pics. Anyone have good results with that?

Also, at then end of the last flight, we noticed the led flashing yellow/green, yellow/green instead of just flashing green. We were in home lock at that point I think. Is that denoting the home lock mode? Couldn't find it in the manual.

Thanks for any input.

Yellow green is IOC. Manual has scant information about Naza M mode. I got this from the Naza doc.

naza-mode-lights.jpg

That's what I was thinking. Thanks. In the meantime I also just found this helipal web page below. About 2/3 way down (it's a looong page so keep scrolling) it shows actual examples of the phantom 1 light sequences (which is the same as P2 naza mode, right?). Great to see visual examples rather than seeing them on paper.

http://www.helipal.com/dji-phantom-gps-drone-rtf.html

Follow

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues