1st ever mini-documentary shot entirely on P2V+

XL-Studios said:
Well done Howard!
We look forward to see the entire season coming together though the eye of your P2V+ :)

Thanks XL-Studios! Let's just hope the P2V+ survives it all. My father is going to help planting soybeans next week, so I'm hoping to get some vastly improved close-up shots of the planter.

Shrimpfarmer said:
One of the best Phantom videos I have seen for a long time. I thought your voice over was great. I believe people would much rather hear the farmer rather than some silky voice who is just reading a script. I am not in the film industry though so what the heck do I know.

How did the phantom cope with the dust during the closeup follow?

Good work. I would be really proud if I had made that.

Shrimpy, you're the best. Thank you.

The dust didn't even seem to phase the Phantom. I was a little distracted keeping everything going, but I didn't notice any problems at all during those shots. The hard part was doing the 360s (of which only 1 made the video). Having to constantly adjust the controls on multiple axes in a steady 360 is difficult enough, but doing it while also moving yourself is really tough. Hopefully I'll get that improved well before harvest time.

Thanks again!

I agree great video. I also agree that hearing your voice would be better then someone reading a script I believe it has more of an impact. Look forward to seeing those crops grow keep us updated
You should post a link to youtube so we turn up the quality

Hello,
Super cool video!
Informative, pleasant, and fun to watch!
I agree your voice was perfect, made me feel like you
were a friend talking to Me alone.

I live in Sarasota Florida ( not much rural terrain left here )
Most farming I see is my vegetable garden out back! Lol

So was really interesting to see how a BIG farm works, looking forward to future videos!
( my 6 yr old son LOVES YOUR TRACTOR! Lol. )

Very cool, and thanks for sharing! Keep up the great work!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

You may even want to consider sending this video to DJI. They may use it as one of their video samples on their website and hence giving you more exposure...

Really great effort! Very well done. Aspiring videographers everywhere should watch this. d86

hwb2107 said:
XL-Studios said:
Well done Howard!
We look forward to see the entire season coming together though the eye of your P2V+ :)

Thanks XL-Studios! Let's just hope the P2V+ survives it all. My father is going to help planting soybeans next week, so I'm hoping to get some vastly improved close-up shots of the planter.

:)
A suggestion is to try to film the same crop-field spot flyover (top-shot) once a week and eventually put it together with a crossfade. It could be epic.

Another tip is to use the P2V+ as a steady-cam rig (props off) and hold/walk with it and film close-ups through the crops or whatever. It would stil be though the eye of your P2V+

mr_3_0_5 said:
I agree great video. I also agree that hearing your voice would be better then someone reading a script I believe it has more of an impact. Look forward to seeing those crops grow keep us updated
You should post a link to youtube so we turn up the quality

Thanks so much mr_3_0_5. And apologies! I thought you could click the little "YouTube" logo on the embedded video to get to the page. Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVIz-DUxAMQ

It's unfortunate that the quality suffers a little from the YouTube video processing (and my post-production encoding), but hopefully it was adequate quality.

Nice video Howard - amazing how these take storytelling to a whole new level.

Funny that I was thinking about shooting something very similar - especially the fall harvest when the light is absolutely perfect and warm or clipping along the tops of the corn tassels as a large storm front is rolling in....

Keep it up!

J Dot said:
Hello,
Super cool video!
Informative, pleasant, and fun to watch!
I agree your voice was perfect, made me feel like you
were a friend talking to Me alone.

I live in Sarasota Florida ( not much rural terrain left here )
Most farming I see is my vegetable garden out back! Lol

So was really interesting to see how a BIG farm works, looking forward to future videos!
( my 6 yr old son LOVES YOUR TRACTOR! Lol. )

Very cool, and thanks for sharing! Keep up the great work!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Awesome - thank you Jerry!

And check out these great links for some neat local stuff going on:

http://flfoodconnect.com/

http://sarasota.ifas.ufl.edu/AG/farmschool.shtml

And, of course, big tractors: http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/pro ... eries.page?

Also, I was surprised to see that your county has over a 14% rate of hunger:

http://www.40chances.com/mmg/

Thanks again for your comments.

srandall25 said:
You may even want to consider sending this video to DJI. They may use it as one of their video samples on their website and hence giving you more exposure...

Awesome idea! Done. I'll definitely let you know if they decide to upload it.

doug86 said:
Really great effort! Very well done. Aspiring videographers everywhere should watch this. d86

Doug86 - thanks so much for saying that. Really appreciate the support.

XL-Studios said:
hwb2107 said:
XL-Studios said:
Well done Howard!

:)
A suggestion is to try to film the same crop-field spot flyover (top-shot) once a week and eventually put it together with a crossfade. It could be epic.

Another tip is to use the P2V+ as a steady-cam rig (props off) and hold/walk with it and film close-ups through the crops or whatever. It would stil be though the eye of your P2V+

GREAT ideas! The first would be a little more difficult to execute - but not if they had the ground station / waypoint function working. Then it would be perfect.

And brilliant idea on the close-ups for the crops / steady-cam rig! Wow, I can see I will have my work cut out for me over the next 6 months!

Mooreagreen said:
Nice video Howard - amazing how these take storytelling to a whole new level.

Funny that I was thinking about shooting something very similar - especially the fall harvest when the light is absolutely perfect and warm or clipping along the tops of the corn tassels as a large storm front is rolling in....

Keep it up!

Mooreagreen - that's really great thinking. I'm curious how that will end up working depending on the camera angle and how much downforce the props create on the tassels and leaves. I agree that a shot right along the top would be ideal, and perhaps if the camera is near level looking forward, it won't pick up the spread affect of the down draft.

Regardless, I'm planning on working with my father to get some GREAT shots of the combine during harvest.

Thanks again!

hwb2107 said:
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6. I learned that it's difficult to use the highlight / shadow effect on overlapping clips when also fading (so I did every clip manually with RGB sliders) and I also prefer to do all fades manually. Used Adobe Audition for some of the sound effects editing.

Is there lens correction in CS6? I'm shopping around for good editing software and having lens correction to remove fish eye would be nice feature to have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic