1st disturbing find on P4

This is a serious problem that has been reported on many previous posts. It is an example of how dji need to get their act together. None of my numerous other 4k capable cameras do this. Wake up dji!

This issue is a topic I asked about on another forum today but was told it was a FAT32 / exFAT thing. 4 gigs vs 16 EB.

The stock 16 gig card was formatted FAT32. And I was seeing the 4 gig limit. Weather is keeping me from flying and testing. But I have replaced the stock SD card with a SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-1/U3 formated exFAT.

So can everyone that is having this issue confirm that they are using cards that support the data rate needed AND they are formatted exFAT?

The P4 manual specifically says it only supports FAT32 or exFAT.

This issue is a topic I asked about on another forum today but was told it was a FAT32 / exFAT thing. 4 gigs vs 16 EB.

The stock 16 gig card was formatted FAT32. And I was seeing the 4 gig limit. Weather is keeping me from flying and testing. But I have replaced the stock SD card with a SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-1/U3 formated exFAT.

So can everyone that is having this issue confirm that they are using cards that support the data rate needed AND they are formatted exFAT?

The P4 manual specifically says it only supports FAT32 or exFAT.
This is not I repeat not a format type problem. Yes Fat32 only had 4gb limit but if you format exfat the Phantom still splits the files at 4Gb and loses frames. This is a DJI software/hardware issue that they need to fix asap.

Reactions: Kag49601
This is not I repeat not a format type problem. Yes Fat32 only had 4gb limit but if you format exfat the Phantom still splits the files at 4Gb and loses frames. This is a DJI software/hardware issue that they need to fix asap.

Interesting. Guys on the other board told me the exact opposite.

So everyone is having the same issue no matter what card, firmware , P3, P4 etc?

I need it to stop raining so I can try the new card and see if I get the same results.

Kinda sucks if so.

Interesting. Guys on the other board told me the exact opposite.

So everyone is having the same issue no matter what card, firmware , P3, P4 etc?

I need it to stop raining so I can try the new card and see if I get the same results.

Kinda sucks if so.
Believe me I have tried everything to solve this problem, new cards, exfat etc. I shoot in 4k all of the time and this is a really bad fault. I also have a Phantom 2 with GoPro4Black, it splits files at 4gb as well, but it does not lose frames at the split. Wake up DJI get with the flow.

Some one mentioned a 32 bit addressing issue or limitation somewhere in one of the hundreds of pages I've read. Is this a chip issue? Would sort of make sense. But wouldn't dji have thought about that?

Apparently not?

Same here. Gopro works fine with the same exact card yet my new P4 drops frames between clips. If it was a file system issue the gopro would do it as well... Hope they wake up and get it corrected soon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Same here. Gopro works fine with the same exact card yet my new P4 drops frames between clips. If it was a file system issue the gopro would do it as well... Hope they wake up and get it corrected soon.

Not is it's a chip limitation. They may be using an older cheaper chip of some kind. But I wouldn't think so.

Not is it's a chip limitation. They may be using an older cheaper chip of some kind. But I wouldn't think so.
Let's hope thats not the case. Do you have a link to that post or page describing this limitation? If not, no biggie. Just want to read through it. Thx

I don't want to take a chance losing frames. I use the record on-off button on the controller to create natural breaks and smaller, shorter files. I don't trust any system not to break the continuity in a long file.

I don't want to take a chance losing frames. I use the record on-off button on the controller to create natural breaks and smaller, shorter files. I don't trust any system not to break the continuity in a long file.

I do the same thing... I am still having a rendering issue. I do not record and HAVE not recorder more than 2 minutes on the Phantom 4. I tried to put together a bad *** little movie that was 3 minutes log composed with 5-7 different clips, rendering issue every time. VERY FRUSTRATING. The issue is happening on my macbook pro. I look up the issue and they say it occurs with damaged content or missing frames. So, that would be in line with what I am experiencing.

Here's a video i made... you can see the issue happen at the end.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Same here...

all filmed in 4k. I have not tried editing and rendering a 1080 movie yet.

Here's a video i made... you can see the issue happen at the end.

Same here...

all filmed in 4k. I have not tried editing and rendering a 1080 movie yet.
This is interesting. I have not had this particular issue. Are you using final cut or Premiere Pro? I use Premiere and havent had rendering issues. I render in Cineform 10bit. The issue that myself and others on this post have is with the file segments dropping frames between video clips when recording for long periods. I have a Phantom 2 with gopro and have no issues with the segments. The transition between clips is seamless. It sounds like this was also an issue with the P3 as well. I hope DJI offers a firmware update to correct all of these issues for us soon. We shouldn't have to worry about the video clip length while recording with these units.

This is interesting. I have not had this particular issue. Are you using final cut or Premiere Pro? I use Premiere and havent had rendering issues. I render in Cineform 10bit. The issue that myself and others on this post have is with the file segments dropping frames between video clips when recording for long periods. I have a Phantom 2 with gopro and have no issues with the segments. The transition between clips is seamless. It sounds like this was also an issue with the P3 as well. I hope DJI offers a firmware update to correct all of these issues for us soon. We shouldn't have to worry about the video clip length while recording with these units.

Well I am using imovie. I thought it was my crappy laptop but my buddy tried as well and its having the same issue.... really unfortunate.

any more info on this?

Anytime I shoot B roll, I shoot continuously for the whole flight. Every move of the drone is done so that it can be a potential shot. The file break that drops a frame can come right in the middle of a movement that would otherwise be a usable shot.
Been there, done that. Dropped frames between the files are an issue, but certainly not a new one. Would be really nice, though, if they could find a cure for it.:cool:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers