1St Disconnected experience with app on ios

Reaction score
So was flying around the beach today and after swapping from video to camera mode the app on my iphone 6+ suddenly said disconnected. Luckily the drone was in visible sight at around 80ft altitude and probably 130 ish foot away from me so i brought it home and turned everything off and reconnected and all was good again.

Would just like to know why and what happened really? I had complete control of the phantom and it never initiated a RTH or anything it just hovered in place, now this is all fine when you can see the drone but what if i was a few hundred feet high and out of naked eye sight? Dont want it to happen again.

I guess i need to upload my flight log which is fine if someone could tell me how to?

Thanks gyus

Darren

The thing to remember is that your phone/tab does not really control the P3, that is the job of the RC. You can fly without using any app but you then dont have any visuals/telemetry . :)

Reactions: Dazzauk
The thing to remember is that your phone/tab does not really control the P3, that is the job of the RC. You can fly without using any app but you then dont have any visuals/telemetry . :)

Hey buddy. Yeah completely agree, however if the phantom is 100ft away from me or so I have no way of getting her home because I can't see where it it Lol.

I guess I could toggle the s2 switch and rth should kick in right?

Darren

Had same issue with my P3P on the weekend. Am researching previous examples on here. Complete flight control but app disconnected. Was a little anxiety inducing! Glad I had sight of my bird at the time.

Subsequent flights same day/location had poor video downlink. Not sure if related. Decided to pack up and go home. Quit whilst ahead.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT