1st crash...

Reaction score
Had my 1st tumble today from about 10' off the ground. 25 flights in the last month or so. Brought the bird back home and doesn't look to serious. Snapped the top cover back on in a couple of places where there was a slight separation in the top of shell from the bottom shell. Then I noticed where the gimbal is connected to the bottom of the drone is bent. (Pics posted) I performed a gimbal calibration and adjusted the gimbal roll in the DJI Go app to +0.04 and the camera view looks perfect. I guess my ? is should I plan on replacing it with this that I found on Amazon(see pic) and can I YouTube it and find out how difficult of a job it would be to replace it? I believe I was very fortunate as it landed in the grass and I got the motors shut down immediately. Gonna test fly it after a compass IMU and another gimbal calibration.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    232.6 KB · Views: 387
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 392
Here's a video showing how to replace the yaw arm:

Yeah I checked out several YouTube vids on it. Looks more difficult than I want to attempt. Contacted DroneNerds that advertises on this site and they guarantee a 14 day turnaround. May just send it to them on Tuesday unless someone else on here can recommend another shop to me????

I damaged my gimbal arm exactly like that after a fall. After watching youtube videos on bending it back, I ended up sending to DJI.
Took about 2 weeks sending it out and getting it back. Total cost was $139. They said "hard landings" are not covered in warranty.
Good luck with your repairs.

Ouch!! Not what I was wanting to here....Thnx for the reply. Gonna try getting in touch with DroneNerds and check their pricing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj