1st crash, what to do?

Reaction score
Just had my 1st crash. Nicked a tree branch and down she came. It fell threw a pine tree, landing on several branches before plopping on the ground. I turned off the motors as it came down FYI. It hit the ground and snapped props, and the battery poped out. I put the battery back in and everything started right back up. Camera seems fine, no broken plastic, but I did have an alert on the screen that one of the propers was obstructed (assume during the fall/shut down). Turned the alert off and tried the motors again , they turned on fine, and no further alerts. Only had one set of props on me so need to go home to test flight capabilities, but can anyone offer things to look for after a crash to make sure Im flight worthy still? I was going to reset the IMU, Compass and Gimbal to play it safe. Thanks and sorry if I'm posting int he wrong area, just found this board.

Reactions: apollopark
Sounds like you're good to go. Put on the new props and take it up. Let it hover and go thru all of the screens and see how it looks. I've had 2 crashes and haven't needed to reset anything. They can take a beating :)

Check the body carefully for cracks and run the motors without props and make sure nothing seems out of balance when spinning. Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

No cracks, just a tinny scuff on the plastic. I did notice I popped one of the yellow light covers out a little, but it snapped right back up and in and is solid as can be.

Lucky break. I would also try spinning the motors by hand to see if any of them aren't spinning freely or have resistance.

Did a test flight and everything seems smooth 8 feet off the ground. Going to push it a little more tomorrow at my sisters horse farm.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik