1st attempt at a paint job.

Reaction score
After a recent crash my frame was bent enough so that the prop was hitting the housing. So in the name of science I thought I'd paint it up as a prototype just to see if I liked the colors and I didn't end up with something I would be to embarrassed to fly.

Still not finished. I'm going to have some decals made similar to what would be on a Coast Guard helicopter and dress it up that way. Not to worried about balance or weight because the frame is already compromised but I'll have a nice center piece to remind me not to crash.

CAM00515.jpg

CAM00513.jpg

I used Rustolium paint for plastic (orange) and enamel based paint (black) Testors like for model cars. I did some research before to and found that enamel based is supposed to work better on plastic. I may put some LED's back in it to make it blink or something down the road.

Hmm...

These frames are tough but if they bend too far they crack. If your prop is making contact with the frame, there's a serious break somewhere in the motor mounting and its totally UNSAFE to fly or even to arm (start-up)!

Additionally, just adding paint (or even other decals in the wrong spots) can hurt GPS reception and make it surprising hard to handle if your in the GPS mode.

I'm not sure what your long range plans are but at the very least go very slowly .... you're playing with a dangerous situation.

EDIT: Just read your comment about making it a center piece.... I guess my warnings weren't necessary ;):)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31