180 Degree Panoramas?

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys have ever tried making 180 Degree (hemi-sphere) panoramas with you drone. I would assume that since the phantom has good photo quality, stability and very controllable camera angle and drone rotation, it would be perfect for such. I'm looking into it right now. If any of you have tried this and have some tips, let me know. Thanks!

Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys have ever tried making 180 Degree (hemi-sphere) panoramas with you drone. I would assume that since the phantom has good photo quality, stability and very controllable camera angle and drone rotation, it would be perfect for such. I'm looking into it right now. If any of you have tried this and have some tips, let me know. Thanks!
Amazing 360x180 P3P Panoramic from 500ft above my house

IMO, the Litchi app (Android or iOS) is the best thing going to automate panoramas. I'm sure Autopilot (iOS only) does a fine job of this as well.
Of course these are full 360 degree panos. I suppose one could just use half the images to make an hemisphere.

I use DronePan a LOT! It takes 360 pano but you chose which images to stitch together so you can do 180 or 360.

Sorry, just to clarify, I mean to say 180 by 360 Panos, sorry for that not being very clear.

Sorry, just to clarify, I mean to say 180 by 360 Panos, sorry for that not being very clear.
Ah that makes more sense LOL!

I use DronePan to capture the images and then host it online for viewing.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31