18:04 Long flight time & intro

Reaction score
Been lurking for a good while now, a year or more but figured I should start posting :p

First off I need to take my hat off to ElGuano here, your mods and blog posts have been awesome to follow! Most of what I have done is based on your work.

So to the meat of it

flight time: 18:04 on a single 4400 mAh 3s2p 25c

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSORmadQJ2o[/youtube]

I decided after much reading to try and combine two of my GensAce 2200 mAh 25c LIPO batteries together for use on my DJI Phantom 1 version 1 (or 1.1 or somewhere around there)

Currently still using the original shell though have been considering using the Phantom 2 shell as some have though wanted to rather push the current configuration further.

I was expecting to get about 15 minutes of flight time and was ecstatic to get over 18 minutes in 15km/h winds. The gimbal still requires some fine tuning after a recent firmware upgrade.

AUW: 1235 grams (including 4400 battery)
Battery: 344 grams

More videos to come on all of the mods but the basic info is:

- Phantom 1 ver 1
- Lots of weight reduction mods
- Simonsays ver3 landing gear
- Tarot T-2D 2 axis brushles gimbal
- GopRo Hero 3 black edition
- Custom made lens shade with ND 9 filter (2.3 grams!)
- ImmersionRC 600mw 5.8Ghz vtx
- ImmersionRC spironet CP antenna's
- custom 3s 2p 4400 mAh 25c gensace lipo battery
- Futaba T8J tx
- HQprops 9" 9403 (yes not 9443) balanced with a custom magnetic balancer I made

Very nice!! I can almost hit 18 min but that's using 2x 2700mAh batts w/the AUW at 1360g...I only wish I could get this down to 1235g!

Interesting choice of props, I wonder how much they contribute to your great results. Have you tested them head-to-head with DJI's 9443's?

OI Photography said:
Very nice!! I can almost hit 18 min but that's using 2x 2700mAh batts w/the AUW at 1360g...I only wish I could get this down to 1235g!

Interesting choice of props, I wonder how much they contribute to your great results. Have you tested them head-to-head with DJI's 9443's?

I have half a set of 9443 (previously busted them) so will test at a later point when I replace them. I also have some CF 9443 copies that I could try. Would be an interesting test for sure.

Re: 18:04 Long flight time & intro

Thanks for the shout-out, and those are really great results with some first-rate batteries! 18min real flight on a 4400 is fantastic.

I need to check my records but I think i hit 17.x min really running a DJI 4400 3s2p dry.

Nowadays I'm getting about 18 minutes at 1260g with a 5400 to an honest 20% drain. So if you have a chance to run a higher cap battery, it's be awesome to see what times you can reach!

ElGuano said:
Thanks for the shout-out, and those are really great results with some first-rate batteries! 18min real flight on a 4400 is fantastic.

I need to check my records but I think i hit 17.x min really running a DJI 4400 3s2p dry.

Nowadays I'm getting about 18 minutes at 1260g with a 5400 to an honest 20% drain. So if you have a chance to run a higher cap battery, it's be awesome to see what times you can reach!

Yep I think you were hitting 17:21 but you are also using the stripped down pmu and isod which I am not (yet)

I think other than the isdo with pmu this quad wont see too much more in terms of modding as I will build a different style quad next :D

N[]vA said:
ElGuano said:

Yep I think you were hitting 17:21 but you are also using the stripped down pmu and isod which I am not (yet)

I think other than the isdo with pmu this quad wont see too much more in terms of modding as I will build a different style quad next :D

Back when running 4400s my AUW was 1175-1195g as well, so you're doing it with more weight to boot. I think the Gensace are a big reason why, but as OI mentions the props may be playing a role too. Again, great results!

hehe could do, but for now im going to keep this as is, other than add an iosd

as promied a video wiyh the mods I have done to my DJI Phantom 1 to get 18 minutes flight time [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTu15nMz0jk[/youtube]

Sorry about the buzz in the sound =\

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair