1640 ft limit

Reaction score
So my buddy has the Autel X Star. it has no limit on height. he has taken it to well over 2000 feet above take off point. This drone is certainly not up to par with the Phantoms, but not too bad either.
Before you all start lecturing about rules and safety, i absolutely believe in flying responsibly.
I do a lot of nature photography. I am in the mountains quite a bit. The 1640 foot limit is killing me.
If i want to get a panoramic shot of the cliffs at Apache Leap I top out about 300' below the rim.
Not the shot i am looking for. I sure wish someone would figure out how to get above 1640 feet.
If a lesser drone can do it, why can't DJI P4P?

Keep in mind your max height is determined by the elevation you are when you take off. Are you able to take off at a higher point?

There is no way to get around the max height. Back in the day, it was possible with the Phantom 3 due to a bug in an old version of the Phantom firmware.

It's a limitation in the Phantom firmware.

It's a restriction not a limitation. Just sayin...

It's interesting that DJI is the only "drone" company that actively restricts its hardware yet everytime there is a "drone" incident their models are plastered all over the media outlets...

le sigh.

Reactions: Rapfife
It's a restriction not a limitation. Just sayin...
I'm not sure what value you're attempting to add, but here's the definition of a "limitation":

Dictionary.jpg

Yes, they're synonyms. However, taken in technical context a limitation is generally regarded as physical weakness; lack of capacity; hardware inability, where as restriction is an imposed limit often brought forth by regulatory constraint.

As for value? Just venting...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20