1600m Max Range?

Reaction score
I was out the furthest I've gone so far today with good control and FPV video. At 1600m it would not go any further out. No matter how much fwd stick I gave it. I'm assuming this is a factory set limit? Is it adjustable with the Assistant SW? I don't have my computer with me to hook it up right now.

Yea, I was right. You can set the limit with Phantom assistant. I moved it up to 2500m and we'll see what happens tomorrow. My goal is about 2km. I think once I get there its time to re-configure the P2 with my ground station. I'll be playing with that for a while trying to figure out the ins and outs, probably staying within a 500m-600m of my house. I'm lucky to have a fairly large wooded area right out my back door. The down side of course if it goes down it will be quite a chore to find it, even with my tracking device.

ScreenShot2014-04-26at105725PM_zps5895c4cb.png

Yeah - go for it mate.

I got 1.5kms the other day and lost RC link. It started returning home and I got control back at about 1.3kms. See how far you can get it and report back. Just use a full battery! :)

BigBadFun said:
Yeah - go for it mate.

I got 1.5kms the other day and lost RC link. It started returning home and I got control back at about 1.3kms. See how far you can get it and report back. Just use a full battery! :)

I turned back with 59% battery and landed with 27% remaining. So that is going to limit how far I can go. Not trying to set a record, but once I figure my max range I'm going to see how its impacted by ground station installation and be able to compare control range with the stock controller and my new Futaba 14gs controller. (assuming I keep getting it back of course :0 )

ScreenShot2014-04-27at65229AM_zpscaf84103.png

ScreenShot2014-04-27at65539AM_zpse82a0272.png

Hit 2km - Personal best Re: 1600m Max Range?

Reset the max range at 2500m and went out this morning before the winds kicked up too much. Got back out to the same spot at 1600m and went about 50m beyond that. Then saw "FS" and "Ghome" on my IOSD. I assumed it was just how I was standing so I waited a second and flipped GPS/ATTI and got control back. Kept going until I saw the road I knew was about 2000m. After I had crossed it I noticed my battery was at 53% and decided it was time to head back. Instead of the dogleg route I'd taken to get out there I flew direct back to the house and landed at 30% battery still with green lights.

I don't really have a straight line Point A to Point B path I can take to go to like 2.5km, so it looks like my max range is battery limited at this point. I don't have a flytrap (yet), but I laid the appx route out and on googlemaps and it looks like total distance covered was about 4.7km. So one could infer I could have gone 2.4km ish and still landed with 30% battery.

I'll try to do a "highlights reel tonight of the flight showing where I hit FS at 1.6km and going over the bridge at 2km

ScreenShot2014-04-27at90812AM_zps8ae6ea5d.png

AlfayaBridge2km2014-04-27_zps7a9545f8.png

AlfayaBridgeRoute2014-04-27_zpsc38ee51c.png

Thanks for the info.

Let us know when you get to 8 miles high!
We'd like to see videos of jumbo jets in flight.

Suwaneeguy said:
Thanks for the info.

Let us know when you get to 8 miles high!
We'd like to see videos of jumbo jets in flight.

I do my best to stay under 400 feet or there a bouts. If I see jumbo jets close to me it will probably make the news

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31