Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

16 minutes flight time..

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by parkerman, Jun 15, 2015.

1. parkerman

I talked to tech dept. where I bought my last 2 phantoms. I never seem to get more than 16 mins. flight time
    I bought from 1UAS. He told me that DJI should have stated hover time at 23 mins. Because in flight time all they get is 16 to 17 mins. also. Another uh-oh from DJI. They just mailed out my extra battery today.. I paid for the bundle over 2 months ago.

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

To be fair .. DJI specs say:
    Max Flight Time Approximately 23 minutes
    Does your car maker quote fuel consumption for hard driving or economy driving?

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

DJI advertises the "max flight time" as "approximately 23 minutes". For many people, the average is approximately 18 minutes. That of course can fluctuate based on temperature, average wind, flying style, etc. It would be tough for DJI to try quoting the average flight time for each Phantom owner.

4. JimMoore

While I have only been through four complete flights (meaning that I got down below 10% on the battery), they have all been in the 17 to 19 minute range so this corroborates what you say others are seeing. I have been flying in fairly strong winds (8 to 10 mph) so maybe the flight time will be better in more ideal conditions.

5. prostreetcamaro

I picked mine up directly from there store because they are local. Still haven't got my battery yet but maybe I will receive it this week if they shipped yours today.

6. SteveMann

Go out on a calm, windless, cool day and hover at 100 ft. You will probably get 20+ minutes before the battery gets low enough to trigger an RTH.

7. vmp

vmp

When I first got my P3, I also noticed that my flight times were < 20 minutes. Part of it was because the **** IMU calibration took so long. After recalibrating the IMU (which reduced the IMU warmup time), I was able to get around 20 minutes of flight time.

8. windexh8er

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.

Do the refrigerator IMU calibration. Previously I had been waiting 2-3 minutes warm up time. Now - insta-flight. I seem to have averaged around 19 minutes, but then again I'm not hard on the throttle usually going for max distance. Shortest was about 15 minutes in some strong head winds and then I rode the tail wind back early to make sure I'd clear the water.

Temp, humidity, wind speed, pilot - all make a difference. I'm sure in an empty warehouse you can get 23.

9. Apparition

On my 3 mile out and back flight it was 14 minutes full throttle nearly the entire time. Landed with 30%.

10. parkerman

you can't hover and get 23 mins. flight time DJI was wrong!!!!

11. Mal_PV2_Ireland

The flight time you are getting is perfectly normal and dji have always advertised it as Meta says. It'll be a few more years before we get actual flying time of 30 mins, it's the same for all multirotors with a camera/payload