$1500 just flew away and kept going

I based my conclusion solely on the data, not speculation and not theory
The flight log does not show the impact, so all you have is speculation and theory. Only the DAT flight log would show how it crashed.

its a tad misleading to describe it as 'Behind That Large Rock'.. when 'Just Over the Crest' would be much more accurate
Call it what you want, but there is no way the remote controller signal could have passed through that large obstruction.

The flight log does not show the impact, so all you have is speculation and theory. Only the DAT flight log would show how it crashed.

Call it what you want, but there is no way the remote controller signal could have passed through that large obstruction.
...Well No.. it Doesn't show 'The Impact in This Particular Case' what it does show is an Abrupt Cease of data which was most likely due to the battery ejecting upon Impact, and the .DAT would also show the Abrupt Cease, so in that respect the DAT has NO advantage over the DJIFlightRecord_*.txt file...
...as far as the Signal, the Signal Doesn't have to Pass-Thru an Obstruction to reach the Receiver, there are many ways the signal can propagate.. and in this case it is clearly evident that the signal was very good up to the END of Data or the Crash...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

it does show is an Abrupt Cease of data which was most likely due to the battery ejecting upon Impact, and the .DAT would also show the Abrupt Cease
If the log had recorded the crash, you would see some type of indication -- like the aircraft abruptly changing direction and/or tilting. At the rate the flight log records data, there is absolutely no way the battery could have popped out before some type of oddity was recorded.

If the log had recorded the crash, you would see some type of indication -- like the aircraft abruptly changing direction and/or tilting. At the rate the flight log records data, there is absolutely no way the battery could have popped out before some type of oddity was recorded.
...Thats True, I was thinking More Obvious, but it show this data...
upload_2016-8-16_8-11-48.png

...i haven't looked at it with this aspect in mind, because to me the rest was so bloody obvious, but I'd bet if you look thru the CSV
you won't see this rate of turn anywhere else on this flight path, and if it hit head-on it could eject the battery without ever being able
to record further movement even at 100ms, his flight was 40mph or 18ft/sec or 1.8ft/100ms.. 1 of the things I'm sure the DAT file show
that the DJIFlightRecord_.*.txt doesn't show Unfortunately! are the G-Forces...
...oh and BTW, as i remember his Gimbal recorded the crash hhahha... (er.. i meant camera... the big dent.. hmm what bout the video, did he edit that out..?)
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Last edited:
It should RTH when "disconnected" because it's like turning off the Rc. I just had that happen on my p3s. I know it's a different set up. But fail safes should be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'd bet if you look thru the CSV you won't see this rate of turn anywhere else on this flight path
Where do you see that in the CSV?

It should RTH when "disconnected" because it's like turning off the Rc. I just had that happen on my p3s. I know it's a different set up. But fail safes should be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
...Dal, thats true, however: 1) Data Conn Loss Did Not Occur on this (DrTones) Flight, & 2) There is a Period of Time Once Data Conn is Lost
Before the RTH is Initiated.. I know for a fact that that number (period of time) is >5.2sec, but ≤7.5sec, attached is a Sample Notifications
of these events on 2 separate Flights (again, NOT DrTones Flight), Also P4 was the Craft here...

upload_2016-8-16_11-27-20.png

...IF and/or When I can Confirm that number (period of time) I will post it for those interested...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-16_11-22-39.png
    upload_2016-8-16_11-22-39.png
    241.2 KB · Views: 331
Data Conn Loss Did Not Occur on this (DrTones) Flight
FYI, Healthy Drones cannot tell when the data connection is lost at the end of a flight log. It only realizes it was lost once the downlink reconnects.

FYI, Healthy Drones cannot tell when the data connection is lost at the end of a flight log. It only realizes it was lost once the downlink reconnects.
...msinger, you don't have to admit to me that you have been wrong 'throughout' this lesson, I know you were wrong and I know it bothers you..you made a knee jerk observation, you tried to back it up with faulty logic and graphics that were in error.. bout all i can say is let it go.. learn from your mistakes...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

...msinger, you don't have to admit to me that you have been wrong 'throughout' this lesson, I know you were wrong and I know it bothers you..you made a knee jerk observation, you tried to back it up with faulty logic and graphics that were in error.. bout all i can say is let it go.. learn from your mistakes...
Haha... wow... right out of left field :D

I really couldn't care less if I'm wrong. I'm just here because I enjoy helping people with their Phantoms.

You've made a lot of claims above, but have shown no data to back them up (other than some vague screenshots you snapped in Healthy Drones).

IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net
..ps, you can continue to shoot down Healthy-Drones thats OK by me, I have no vested interest in Healthy-Drones, but it is Currently the Best at what it does, Period, if you or anyone else choose not to use it.. thats your business... and No this wasn't out of left field, I gave you several outs.. you just didn't recognize them because you were blinded by your own bias..

I'm not shooting down Healthy Drones. I use it myself sometimes. You posted a vague screenshot from Healthy Drones about an odd turn radius. Where in the flight log can we find that? I'm assuming it should be right at the end on impact. No?

IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net
Haha... wow... right out of left field :D

I really couldn't care less if I'm wrong. I'm just here because I enjoy helping people with their Phantoms.

You've made a lot of claims above, but have shown no data to back them up (other than some vague screenshots you snapped in Healthy Drones).
...UH, the data was made avail to everyone here.. the Compass Graphic is the Odd Data you suggested and what prompted me to post it, i clearly stated that i didnt look into that, because, imo the rest of the data is overwhelming.. in fact i used the term Bloody-Obvious.., this craft was simply flown into the ground, up to the point of impact there is NOTHING to suggest any Signal Abnormality whatsoever, NONE and the only evidence you submitted is a Google-Earth Graphic that is up to hundreds of feet off for the Location! and then you continued to reference it as some sort of data to prove that he'd flown behind 'that large rock'... the other images (1 of them was my flight, the other another users flight) from Healthy-Drones depict the Notifications generated by the Craft extracted and compiled by Healthy-Drones, which by the way I Have No Vested Interest In, other than the data of course, but I can also say with 110% Confidence that Healthy-Drones is Currently THE BEST at what it does, Bar None. ..and if you fly these things and don't use it.. then you fly it at your own peril...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Can you just answer my question above? I'll be happy to praise Healthy Drones along with you after we get that out of the way.

Can you just answer my question above? I'll be happy to praise Healthy Drones along with you after we get that out of the way.
...UH, the data was made avail to everyone here via the LINK to the PhantomHelp Online Converter, Which I've already Stated, What you apparently want me to do in your lame veiled attempt is to have me Show you how to interpret it.. the Compass Graphic is the Odd Data you suggested and what prompted me to post it, i clearly stated that i didnt look into that, because, imo the rest of the data is overwhelming.. in fact i used the term Bloody-Obvious.., this craft was simply flown into the ground, up to the point of impact there is NOTHING to suggest any Signal Abnormality whatsoever, NONE and the only evidence you submitted is a Google-Earth Graphic that is up to hundreds of feet off for the Location! and then you continued to reference it as some sort of data to prove that he'd flown behind 'that large rock'... the other images (1 of them was my flight, the other another users flight) from Healthy-Drones depict the Notifications generated by the Craft extracted and compiled by Healthy-Drones, which by the way I Have No Vested Interest In, other than the data of course, but I can also say with 110% Confidence that Healthy-Drones is Currently THE BEST at what it does, Bar None. ..and if you fly these things and don't use it.. then you fly it at your own peril...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

The flight log the OP posted does not indicate the Phantom crashed while the downlink was connected. If you would take the time to review the raw log data, you would also see that.

So, is the data log posted from the phone or from the phantom itself?

Just trying to understand both sides of this discussion and learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's from the OP's mobile device.

I'm certainly impressed with your patience here, but I think you may be wasting your time - IIIDaemon doesn't appear to have understood any of your points, and in particular that the mobile device log only contains entries received from the aircraft, so if it did not reconnect then the "connection lost" and RTH entries would never appear.

Since the OP actually recovered the aircraft it would be interesting to examine its .DAT log, since that should record the connection loss and RTH, which would put the argument to rest.

Reactions: msinger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1