$150 FCC 333 Exemption

S

Steven_Ewald

Hey guys
I am wondering what you think about the $150 FCC 333 exemption from acesdeals.biz
Do you think it is reliable?
Thanks

I wouldn't. The site is built using Weebly :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Steven_Ewald
Hey guys
I am wondering what you think about the $150 FCC 333 exemption from acesdeals.biz
Do you think it is reliable?
It's reliably a ripoff.
All they'll do for $150 is to copy and paste an already approved 333 petition with your name on it.
You can do it yourself for nothing.

Reactions: JBG
If you have a pilot license, this service is worth it, the least cost 333 service I've seen around. I bought this service from Aces during the October $89 special. You get all the forms with your name and equipment listed, along with the types of work you plan to do with your drone, ready to sign. All you have to do is print the manuals for each of your craft and then mail the signed 333 application off to the FAA with the manuals. Then wait 4-6months for the FAA approval and docket listing. You can go here to see your listing posted when approved. If you don't have a pilot license, don't waste your money because the 333 is pretty much worthless without the pilot license. Wait for the 107 program that's supposed to be released by the FAA this summer. It will be a new certification process for commercial drone flyers.

Be aware, you're name, address and list of drone equipment will be publicly accessible through the internet if you get a 333 exemption approval. You will have no privacy, anyone can see what you own for drones.

Last edited:
No, you need to hire a consultant like me. Here's my advice:

Go to: Authorizations Granted Via Section 333 Exemptions

And pick out a few successful applicants. You'll see a number that looks like this on the Exemption Letter: FAA–2015–5713

Take those numbers over to here: Regulations.gov and plug those numbers in.

Then download their applications. Pick one out that fits, and change it over to your name and phone number (and email). Upload your application back to Regulations.gov and finally please send me $50 for my consultation fee.

The very last part is the most important. Now, while you wait for the next three to six months for your exemption letter, you should start a 333 business using old plagiarized applications.

And you are aware you'll need a pilot's license to fly commercially, right?

S

Reactions: ianwood
If you have a pilot license, this service is worth it, the least cost 333 service I've seen around. I bought this service from Aces during the October $89 special. You get all the forms with your name and equipment listed, along with the types of work you plan to do with your drone, ready to sign. All you have to do is print the manuals for each of your craft and then mail the signed 333 application off to the FAA with the manuals. Then wait 4-6months for the FAA approval and docket listing. You can go here to see your listing posted when approved. If you don't have a pilot license, don't waste your money because the 333 is pretty much worthless without the pilot license. Wait for the 107 program that's supposed to be released by the FAA this summer. It will be a new certification process for commercial drone flyers.

Be aware, you're name, address and list of drone equipment will be publicly accessible through the internet if you get a 333 exemption approval. You will have no privacy, anyone can see what you own for drones.
FAA 107 program?? Can you give more details on that?

I just realized what John Lockemwas talking about with the FAA's 107 program. That is their NPRM on what they're proposing for drone rules. It all sounds really nice when you read the basic outline of what they're proposing. No pilot license needed, obtain an Unmanned Vehicle Operators Certificate, etc etc. But when you read the full version of the DPRM you see that they are projecting the cost of you getting that certificate, PLUS get all the required registrations of the drone, it will cost upwards of $5,000 to get all of this accomplished. That is on top of the costs to get liability insurance, get your exemption, etc. Make no mistake friends, the FAA is STILL doing everything in their power to make sure that the average everyday guy cannot afford to even THINK of going into business with their drone. At least not legally, anyway. I'm about to the point to where I get enough practice on my Phantom to do quality work I'm going to say EFF the FAA and do what I want. Everyone needs to keep in mind that any stupid kid can get a Phantom and legally take all the pictures they want. But for us to do the exact same thing as a business you must jump through B.S. $6,000 hoops to do it. This is horse **** and frankly they can just take me to court if they don't like what I do.

FAA 107 program?? Can you give more details on that?
No, I don't have much on detail, and I'm not going to speculate much, other than you won't need a pilot license to do commercial drone work. I've emailed Marke "Hoot" Gibson at the FAA with the "cost" question. He's a leader in the group responsible for integrating drones into the FAA airspace. I met him at the AMA Expo last month, a former fighter pilot. Maybe I'll get a reply next week on the expected cost for the 107 program. He has replied to my questions before.

Even if it's $5000 to go through the 107 certification process, that would reduce my competition. Less people could afford it, preventing a blood bath of price wars, so I can make some money. I'm thinking it might be good if it costs $5K. That way only the serious guys will get involved. However I don't expect the price will be that high, maybe only $4K :D

No, you need to hire a consultant like me. Here's my advice:

Go to: Authorizations Granted Via Section 333 Exemptions

And pick out a few successful applicants. You'll see a number that looks like this on the Exemption Letter: FAA–2015–5713

Take those numbers over to here: Regulations.gov and plug those numbers in.

Then download their applications. Pick one out that fits, and change it over to your name and phone number (and email). Upload your application back to Regulations.gov and finally please send me $50 for my consultation fee.

The very last part is the most important. Now, while you wait for the next three to six months for your exemption letter, you should start a 333 business using old plagiarized applications.

And you are aware you'll need a pilot's license to fly commercially, right?

S
What are you smoking? Some of that sagebrush in your yard?:p

Reactions: Steven_Ewald
No, I don't have much on detail, and I'm not going to speculate much, other than you won't need a pilot license to do commercial drone work. I've emailed Marke "Hoot" Gibson at the FAA with the "cost" question. He's a leader in the group responsible for integrating drones into the FAA airspace. I met him at the AMA Expo last month, a former fighter pilot. Maybe I'll get a reply next week on the expected cost for the 107 program. He has replied to my questions before.

Even if it's $5000 to go through the 107 certification process, that would reduce my competition. Less people could afford it, preventing a blood bath of price wars, so I can make some money. I'm thinking it might be good if it costs $5K. That way only the serious guys will get involved. However I don't expect the price will be that high, maybe only $4K :D

Wow dude, that's really nice of you. Why shouldn't everyone be able to afford it? If you are any good at what you do competition shouldn't worry you. I take it you are one of those who is just fine with the government screwing everything up in an area where they really have no business being to begin with. But I guess it's all about YOU making some money right? Screw me, just you making money.

You know, this is just like the "Drone Registration" program. They make it sound like "This is going to make the NAS safer because we can monitor who is flying drones" and it implies that due to the registration process, if some idiot flies his quad into a 747 and kills 300 people they would be able to identify who that idiot was. I registered mine last week. They asked NO QUESTIONS about what kind of quad I have. NO QUESTIONS about the serial number. Nothing. It was "Pay us $5 and here's your registration. Any 5 year old can see that this has nothing to do with safety. It was a lie to make the public think that they are doing something to keep them safer and a scam to reap $5 from every drone owner in the country.

Or you could set yourself apart by having excellent photography skills and not by being the only one who can afford the paperwork.

You know, this is just like the "Drone Registration" program. They make it sound like "This is going to make the NAS safer because we can monitor who is flying drones" and it implies that due to the registration process, if some idiot flies his quad into a 747 and kills 300 people they would be able to identify who that idiot was. I registered mine last week. They asked NO QUESTIONS about what kind of quad I have. NO QUESTIONS about the serial number. Nothing. It was "Pay us $5 and here's your registration. Any 5 year old can see that this has nothing to do with safety. It was a lie to make the public think that they are doing something to keep them safer and a scam to reap $5 from every drone owner in the country.
The FAA number you are assigned is supposed to be on your drone, that's how you are identified in an incident. If you fly without your number on all of your craft, that would be a federal law infraction if caught. The number is good for as many craft as you own. I feel $5 is very reasonable to pay for administration costs of the program. The program is devised to motivate pilots to minimize risk and fly responsibly, with the threat of fines, a federal criminal record, possible jail, if you recklessly or deliberately do stupid things while in the NAS.

So yes, it should makes the skies safer.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
Wow dude, that's really nice of you. Why shouldn't everyone be able to afford it? If you are any good at what you do competition shouldn't worry you. I take it you are one of those who is just fine with the government screwing everything up in an area where they really have no business being to begin with. But I guess it's all about YOU making some money right? Screw me, just you making money.

Or you could set yourself apart by having excellent photography skills and not by being the only one who can afford the paperwork.
Sorry, don't let my sarcasm get to you.

I got a reply back from Hoot at the FAA, there is no truth to Gary M's rumor of $5000 for the 107 certification, totally false. I think there will likely be some fees for testing and background check by various approved companies, etc, but that's my guess. I spoke with another guy in the loop and he estimates the various steps to commercial work certification will total around $500, but could be less. This doesn't include liability insurance which is estimated to be about $1000-1500/yr with certification. Most insurance companies will not sell you liability insurance for commercial operations TODAY without a 333 exemption, N number and pilot license to satisfy today's rules. So when the 107 program is in place it would seem logical the same cert requirement would be required by insurance companies to sell commercial drone liability insurance.

Here's the 107 cert list of requirements being proposed in the FAA's NPRM (Notification of Proposed Rule Making)

Here's the long version
. It's 195 pages, go right to page 152 where it talks about fee estimates, $214, however I expect a few other costs on top of this. I think $500 is a good estimate after everything is done (not including insurance of course).

I suppose how Gary M's rumor got started is page 17 and 146 of the above 195pg document. If you don't read the column headers where it says (000), you might misunderstand these number to be $6,803. This is actually $6.8mil dollars, an estimate of the FAA's program cost over 5yrs. (I think this estimate is way off base. This is going to cost them 10X that estimate over 5yrs, just watch and see).

Last edited:
Reactions: skitchen8
Where I got that info was from "The long version" of the FAA's NPRA. It had a section where it stated that they knew people were going to make money at this and there are expenses to doing business (I'm paraphrasing, I don't have the actual text in front of me) then had a list of what would need to be done to certify and what they projected it would cost. The cost to the UAS Owner/Operator was $5,000 and some change and the estimated cost to the government was $1,000+. I hope my statements didn't mislead anyone, but hey, I got the info straight from FAA's site. I am very glad to hear what Hoot had to say about the matter. Hopefully this will come out to be true. Because when I first saw the outline of what FAA had proposed, I was thinking that the estimated price you quoted from Hoot would be around what it would cost to do this. When I saw the LONG version and what I thought it was saying about the cost it had me saying "What the HELL?!?!" Thanks for helping to clear that up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik