15 GPS satellites, but GPS repeatedly drops

I have 2.4.3 (Android) and auto-update disabled. :cool:

I wonder if they're identical - IOS and Android...like, if there's a glitch, would it appear in both versions? Not sure who it was, but someone mentioned in another thread that after the latest Go update they're seeing GPS dropouts...but whether it's the app or the latest firmware, 1.6, not sure.

I would suspect if this is an actual issue it would be with the aircraft FW. The app is just displaying the telemetry sent from the aircraft.

I wonder if they're identical - IOS and Android...like, if there's a glitch, would it appear in both versions? Not sure who it was, but someone mentioned in another thread that after the latest Go update they're seeing GPS dropouts...but whether it's the app or the latest firmware, 1.6, not sure.

I would suspect if this is an actual issue it would be with the aircraft FW. The app is just displaying the telemetry sent from the aircraft.

So the main reason folks are avoiding the newest Go update is because of the geofencing possibility?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can't speak for others but that is definitely the reason I'm not updating. Still run 3.00 FW on my Vision+ & Windows 7 on my computers for similar reasons.

So the main reason folks are avoiding the newest Go update is because of the geofencing possibility?

But you can set your home point to the rc anyway, you know. Let us know if it dumps the home point away from the rc for sure.

True we can reset the home point to the current position of RC but we don't like P3 to automatically reset to a new position which it does today after re-locking GPS.

Reactions: Reed L
Today I had the same problem but I had 13 satellites locked and sometimes the 5/5 gps bars fell down to 3/5 bars but it never change to P-OPTI mode or anything else. All the time on P-GPS and steady as rock

Reactions: satchy
Mine also loses GPS signal sometimes when on ground on an open area in the field in the mid city. But its for couple of seconds. 3-5 seconds maybe. Then it goes back to green.

Can this be considered a problem?

kurupted, are you on the new 1.6 or 1.7? If you are then the rc updates through the go-app now and if you go into the menu, drop down to the bottom and then hit that button... can't remember is it 3 dots? Then hit "About", it tells you the versions that everything is running. For batteries, you put the .bin file on the sd card and then put the battery in the drone and turn it on. It takes a few minutes to update and the light on the gimbal above and facing the camera turns green and you here a few beeps when it's done.

I'm on 1.6.40

I checked my log file and see now it had updated both batteries successfully. Re-tried to be sure and both times it says everything is already updated.

Thanks, found it the controller version, 1.5.70, which seems to be the latest since I don't see an Update option.

Reactions: MarcG and Reed L
My P3P does the same thing. It will have like 15 satellites and go back and forth between GPS and Non-GPS. What is most interesting about it is the fact that it does it more often in wide open areas with no obstructions or interference.

It has never really caused an issue at all. Even when it momentary goes to Non-GPS mode, it doesn't seem to even drift or move like it still actually has GPS lock.

All firmware is up-to-date running the newest Android version of the app. Although, I flew it in town last Sunday and it didn't loose GPS status once.

My P3P does the same thing. It will have like 15 satellites and go back and forth between GPS and Non-GPS. What is most interesting about it is the fact that it does it more often in wide open areas with no obstructions or interference.

It has never really caused an issue at all. Even when it momentary goes to Non-GPS mode, it doesn't seem to even drift or move like it still actually has GPS lock.

All firmware is up-to-date running the newest Android version of the app. Although, I flew it in town last Sunday and it didn't loose GPS status once.

Out of curiosity... do you have the VPS on or off ?

Yup definitely a problem we are all having it ..

It's there anyway to go back on aircraft fw, transmitter fw and android app

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Reactions: schmittypants
I'm not sure. I have heard rumors of people scratching the FW all the way back to the good old days. I think that I may just have to wait and see if there is any fix to this other than going back. I have had the "Propulsions output is limited to ensure the safety of the battery" message several times now and would not like to sink my ship into the bottom of a large body of water. Its getting colder and I like having the feeling of the FW watching out for me.

Reactions: satchy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20