14SG F550 adding retracts & programming channel 8?

Reaction score
I have a new 14GS/F550 and need some help programming channel 8 for the retracts.
Unfortunately I am new at all of this and have no idea how to do it... Can someone please
offer a suggestion or point me to a resource for doing this? All help is greatly appreciated... :D

Macdougal said:
I have a new 14GS/F550 and need some help programming channel 8 for the retracts.
Unfortunately I am new at all of this and have no idea how to do it... Can someone please
offer a suggestion or point me to a resource for doing this? All help is greatly appreciated... :D

Assuming you have the retracts installed and the servos are hooked to channel 8 on the rx. Assuming you need a two position switch. Choose the switch you want to use on the 14sg (it will have a label beside it). Turn on the 14sg, go to the LNK menu, scroll down the Function option, press return, scroll down to the second page and highlight number 8. Move the cursor over to the CTRL column, hit enter and select the switch you chose earlier. Hit enter and you should have it. If the switch is backwards from what you like, you can reverse it.

You might want to visit the 14sg thread - it is big but Ianwood and others have left tons of information on there about how to configure the 14sg for the Phantom - which means it will work with NAZA. See: http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php? ... hilit=14sg

Be sure you configure failsafe so it works (if it hasn't been). You can download Ianwood's profile and get the radio very close to setup (with failsafe). Makes it easier than starting from scratch.

Thank you very much for your help and I greatly appreciate it...

The second item I am adding is a Aeroxcraft VTR-GP which I have on my Aerocraft landing skid.
I see how to setup up the gimbal in NAZA would this also need a channel like one of the slide switches on the side?

Macdougal said:
Thank you very much for your help and I greatly appreciate it...

The second item I am adding is a Aeroxcraft VTR-GP which I have on my Aerocraft landing skid.
I see how to setup up the gimbal in NAZA would this also need a channel like one of the slide switches on the side?

I have not hooked one like that up. You would probably have to map channel 7 to a slider or knob and then from the rx to x1 on the NAZA then use f1 and f2 outputs from the NAZA to control roll and pitch stabilization. Turn on the gimbal control in the NAZA assistant. I have not done it but it wouldn't take much to figure out if it works. Be sure to read the warnings about not powering the gimbal servos with the NAZA.

Is there a way I can look at all the channels that have been programed and see what their function is?
The gimbal is powered by a BEC and yes I did read about not powering the servos from NAZA.
This is like eating a really big elephant one bit at a time <smile>

Thank you for your help...

Macdougal said:
Is there a way I can look at all the channels that have been programed and see what their function is?
The gimbal is powered by a BEC and yes I did read about not powering the servos from NAZA.
This is like eating a really big elephant one bit at a time <smile>

Thank you for your help...

What is programmed depends on your transmitter but generally you can look at the Helipal manual and see what they are doing. They use a Devo 7 so the crossed wires do not apply to the 14sg.

http://image.helipal.com/helipal-f550-r ... ual-01.pdf

You can change everything but generally it is Aileron, Elevator, Throttle, Rudder, s1 (failsafe, atti, gps), s2 (IOC) and gimbal (channels 1 - 7)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20