128 G card in Phantom 4

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have just put a 128g card in my 4 and after tests at home in my front room seems to work OK .
Anyone else done this ? am I going to have problems ?

Last edited:
maybe the question is... why? You are putting all eggs in one "basket" to go bad and loose footage. You can't fill a 32GB card on a flight... there is no reason IMO to have anything larger than that. You should be swapping cards or dumping data after every flight to reduce the chance of loosing data due to, THE MANY VARIABLES WE HAVE. Flyaway, water, media error, birds, pilot error, etc, etc etc.

maybe the question is... why? You are putting all eggs in one "basket" to go bad and loose footage. You can't fill a 32GB card on a flight... there is no reason IMO to have anything larger than that. You should be swapping cards or dumping data after every flight to reduce the chance of loosing data due to, THE MANY VARIABLES WE HAVE. Flyaway, water, media error, birds, pilot error, etc, etc etc.

I can understand what you say , I can only answer the WHY ? and that is 128g SD card bought for $5 on Ebay free shipping.
Seems to work fine to me .
Also I have 5 Batteries and live in Canada which is BIG and can not take my Desk top out with me to transfer file on site .
I just wondered if it was going to cause any other problems , I am a Newbie and we do ask such stupid ? Sorry please just put up with me .
I call it learning from Professionals .

Last edited:
Reactions: Loomster
I can understand what you say , I can only answer they WHY ? and that is 125g SD card bought for $5 on Ebay
Seems to work fine to me .

Unfortunately, it's highly likely that the card is a counterfeit one at that price. Which usually means it will report the size that you think it should be, in this case 125GB, but it won't actually store that much data. They tend to make them out of 4gb or 8gb cards so everything over that amount that gets copied to it will get corrupted. I would use your computer to copy 30 or 40gb worth of files on there first and make sure they can be read before using it in the P4. Been wrong before tho, hopefully it's legit. Myself, I use a 128GB sandisk in mine with no issue so the size doesn't seem to be a problem.

Interesting....i thought 64GB was the maximum that the P4 supported. If i would have known this i would have gotten a 128GB card instead of the 64GB i just purchased.

Reactions: Fishie and The Brit
Unfortunately, it's highly likely that the card is a counterfeit one at that price. Which usually means it will report the size that you think it should be, in this case 125GB, but it won't actually store that much data. They tend to make them out of 4gb or 8gb cards so everything over that amount that gets copied to it will get corrupted. I would use your computer to copy 30 or 40gb worth of files on there first and make sure they can be read before using it in the P4. Been wrong before tho, hopefully it's legit. Myself, I use a 128GB sandisk in mine with no issue so the size doesn't seem to be a problem.

I have one in my 7S edge and have over 80g stored on it and have had no problem but like you said it is referred to as Upgrade card so time will tell.

What speed or class of card was it? I understand your situation, I opted for 3 cards, but only for making sure when I get home and pull the card to download, immediately to stick another in, I have more than once got to location and found card was still at home in computer. Now one in bag, one always in drone and 3rd in computer. It was bad enough with my bad eyesight, but when the memory goes, I have to worry about making sure I got my pants on before going to location, much less ensuring a card is in the drone!

Reactions: DanMichSr
What speed or class of card was it? I understand your situation, I opted for 3 cards, but only for making sure when I get home and pull the card to download, immediately to stick another in, I have more than once got to location and found card was still at home in computer. Now one in bag, one always in drone and 3rd in computer. It was bad enough with my bad eyesight, but when the memory goes, I have to worry about making sure I got my pants on before going to location, much less ensuring a card is in the drone!
New listing New 32G 32GB Micro SD SDHC TF Flash Memory Card Class10 C10 With Free SD Adapter But mine is 128g
I won mine on action .

There is an app for Android called "SD Insight" that will let you know if the card is legit. Install the app on your phone /tablet , then put the card in and start the app.

Reactions: jeganx
There's only 128GB microsd, there is no 125GB, I thought you typo at first, but you keep saying 125GB, there is definitely no 125GB microsd, they all multipliers of 2. So if what you said is actually 128GB, then its possible and its usable on P4. I have 128GB on my P3 4K. It might even able to read the 256 or 512GB. However the price of $5 is too good to be true. But if its legit, then its your luck.

There's only 128GB microsd, there is no 125GB, I thought you typo at first, but you keep saying 125GB, there is definitely no 125GB microsd, they all multipliers of 2. So if what you said is actually 128GB, then its possible and its usable on P4. I have 128GB on my P3 4K. It might even able to read the 256 or 512GB. However the price of $5 is too good to be true. But if its legit, then its your luck.
LOL
I have changed my mistake 128 G card I can read but not Type .

The best prices (that you can trust ) are going to be found on Amazon . IMO . Plus if you want to make sure of the quality of 4k videos , I suggest you make sure the card is a U3 .

Reactions: jeganx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers