Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

12 volt internal rail

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by aokman, Sep 1, 2015.

1. aokman

Hi all,

Just wanted to see if anyone else has modded their phantoms to tap 12v internally for running extra lights etc? Finally got the cover off mine after fighting with it for ages and started hunting around on the board, found a few places of interest but the labelled one seems to be the prime candidate however I have no idea how big the supply capacity is of this rail.

I considered a separate regulator tapped to the 15v feed from the battery however space is tight so I won't bother.

[​IMG]

2. FRBEAR

Have you considered the big wire marked VCC on the left? You could put a Zener diode in line to drop the battery voltage down to the voltage desired. 15 volt battery, 3 V Zener = 12 V

3. Tony Perry

Id be more tempted to attach a voltage regulator to the battery input line. Depending on the regulator you could get all the current you'd need for any lights. Seems like that would be the easiest to undo also.

4. aokman

Good call, I didn't consider the voltage drop of a zener. Seems like it would work fine.

I went out hunting today and found a 190 lumen light with a 12-30VDC input. Might see if that will fit aswell, getting a regulator in there is a tight fit...