12 Turn 2.4Ghz Helical

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought i'd share with you my latest antenna for my P2V+

IMG_0555.jpg

Had a good flight a few days ago and reached 3 miles with signal ok, i bottled it and came back though as previously i had managed just over 1.5 miles on my P2. I will max out at some point but i'm very pleased with how it's performed. I have a 5.8Ghz amp on my RC with a directional panel antenna, the other antenna on my Range Extender is FPVLR's half sphere helix. The only mod to the bird is a skew/clover on one of the channels (5.8Ghz RC link).

I fly at an old waste disposal site, which has been filled in and is now grassed, which means it is raised above the city, not by much but probably house roof top level i'd say.

The antenna isn't an every day one however, for that i use a smaller home made 5-6 turn instead. Haven't maxed that out either yet but gotten over 1 mile so far. That one is pure solid 2mm copper wire, this one as i'm sure you can see is approx 2mm multi strand earth wire which was only supposed to be a test of sorts! As it happens it performs fantastically.

Below is my every day set up;

IMG_05541.jpg

I have the P2 too, they are both great bits of kit, we just have to tinker though don't we?

Regards,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik