10th flight and what i learned...

Reaction score
as you may know i received my phantom last monday and until yesterday i had all my flights in parks around my house where i practised and "learned" the basics about flying. during this 9 flights i never went higher than 50-80 mts, but today in my 10th flight and feeling a little more confident about flying i decided to take off from my house's roof (about 9 meters above ground level).

during this flight i was more nervous than in my maiden flight. since my take off took place at a higher altitude there were no trees or objects around me and i was able to send the quad in a larger and higher distance. so, going back to the subject of this topic this is what i learned in this 10th flight.

- set the alarm counter to half the time, instead of the 18 minutes im usually flying with a full battery, to ensure youll have plenty time to fly back home -

Don't worry about distance too much. Considering full blast forward is 15m/s, if you have the 1000m limit, your craft will be back in little over a minute. With some wind it will be about 2 mins. Slightly more of a concern is height, because if you're flying at 300m, it can take up to about 3 minutes to come down. If the quad has to counter some wind gusts, add another minute to that descent.

Fyod said:
Don't worry about distance too much. Considering full blast forward is 15m/s, if you have the 1000m limit, your craft will be back in little over a minute. With some wind it will be about 2 mins. Slightly more of a concern is height, because if you're flying at 300m, it can take up to about 3 minutes to come down. If the quad has to counter some wind gusts, add another minute to that descent.

that said...
i also learned that its a good idea to turn on return home at first battery warning when flying from my house roof :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie