10K-Club-- 1.89 miles out at 394 Ft in Height

Wow! Nice job everyone! Glad to see those numbers peak. Tried doing another long flight but could not get past 5k in distance. Not because of the radio but the image kept beeping "weak transmission signal"

Will try again when we get some nice weather. Got hit with another 6 inches of snow today. ..

JerichoVirus, you've inspired me. Finally got to the 10k mark yesterday! When it gets warmer, I'm hoping for some more distance from the batteries lol. Hope somebody finds it cool!

HA! Glad to hear. It is honestly a nice rush. Sometimes you just have to let your bird go and see what it comes back with. Sometimes I keep wondering what I will find in those dense woods. Who knows, you may rescue someone in need....

That is awesome! How easy was that hack to install? I've been considering doing it myself. Are there any drawbacks to installing it?
This is just my experience. It's really easy to install doesn't take much at all. I like to fly for distance and I've never really had any problems on auto so even though the extra channels have some good strong signals I never really take it off auto which uses the original channels. I think try the hack if you're having problems with the original channels on auto otherwise you're probably not going to see a benefit

This is just my experience. It's really easy to install doesn't take much at all. I like to fly for distance and I've never really had any problems on auto so even though the extra channels have some good strong signals I never really take it off auto which uses the original channels. I think try the hack if you're having problems with the original channels on auto otherwise you're probably not going to see a benefit
That was the drawback! You have to have it in manual mode, right? So if you're flying along in manual on a selected channel and that channel gets used by something else, your phantom hits return to home if I remember correctly lol

Soooo...I found out today that the reason I'm getting deviation from flights distances in the exact spot is because of a local cell site. The site turns every 4 hours. The first flight of 10k was early in the day. The second flight which I could not go past 5k was in the afternoon. As I was getting ready today I heard the site turning and tried it. Could not get past 4k. Will try early tomorrow.

Vh100, what video recording are you using to get the distance, speed, etc. to be displayed.

Vh100, what video recording are you using to get the distance, speed, etc. to be displayed.
I'm using Dashware. Just started. That is the first video I've used it with lol! It's a pretty neat program!

I would like to rename this club from 10K- Club to 10K-Daring Club.

I could never dare of flying even 10K feet in one stretch.

What kind of food do you guys eat? What exercises do you do?

I would like to rename this club from 10K- Club to 10K-Daring Club.

I could never dare of flying even 10K feet in one stretch.

What kind of food do you guys eat? What exercises do you do?

Ha. It's actually not hard once you take off. Can't say I didn't sweat through this but it was fun.

Lol, that flight was just up the road from me. I fly in the Leesburg area all the time:) just got my antenna boosters, have just been waiting for a good day to try them out.. 10k or bust!

Lol, that flight was just up the road from me. I fly in the Leesburg area all the time:) just got my antenna boosters, have just been waiting for a good day to try them out.. 10k or bust!

What areas? Been looking for some new spots. Trying to go to harpers ferry but drones are banned there now

11,700 ft.

Attachments

• 1457036948982.jpg
    1457036948982.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 303
Went 16270 ft yesterday with a P3P but had to turn around because of battery warning; could have gone further since I still had full bars on Tx and video. Battery is now the limit [emoji12] Well worth the money after switching from P3S.
3d82dac4f20e1edded1e6cc847c50a28.jpg

Congrats! ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4