10K-Club-- 1.89 miles out at 394 Ft in Height

Reaction score
Took our my P3Pro out today-Finally some good winds and weather. Cold-it was about 17 Degrees here. Received my Copper Windsurf antennas yesterday, popped them on and go!

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

The longest I had ever taken her was 3600 Ft. This was a little scary because I was fighting wind on the way back and could not go past 20 MPH.Overall, came back with 33% battery power.

10K-Club-- 1.89 miles out at 394 Ft in Height. Before I started to lose RC signal. Didn't want to risk it and turned her around.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-30-12-31-03.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-30-12-31-03.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,087
Last edited:
i went over 7000 feet today.

Nice!! I know a bunch of people have done it but dang, it gets you a little nervous. I didn't even look, when I hit the 5000 ft mark, I didn't look until I hit the 10,000 ft mark again. Then it was time to go back....lol

@Captain Jerry: I think the previous posters meant horizontal travel distance, not altitude. In fact, the original poster specifically mentions that he was 394 ft up, within the FAA rules.

Speaking for myself, I've had a new P3A for six days. I've logged 40,493 meters (over 25 miles) of travel in 2h14m of flight. My greatest distance from home - so far - was approximately 3400 meters (11,154 feet or 2.1 miles). All these journeys took place in the open desert.

I am very pleased with my bird's stock configuration performance.

Last edited:
@Captain Jerry: I think the previous posters meant horizontal travel distance, not altitude. In fact, the original poster specifically mentions that he was 394 ft up, within the FAA rules.

Speaking for myself, I've had a new P3A for six days. I've logged 40,493 meters (over 25 miles) of travel in 2h14m of flight. My greatest distance from home - so far - was approximately 3400 meters (11,154 feet or 2.1 miles). All these journeys took place in the open desert.

I am very pleased with my bird's stock configuration performance.

It truly is awesome. I love it when people don't read and just assume to add their 2 cents and then look dumb when people correct them.

I wanted to go past 10k but my line of sight was a bit off and didn't want to risk it. May try tomorrow if not too cold, my fingers were numb after 13 minutes lol.

The P3P has amazing range even at 100 ft over deserted frozen lake.

P3A got 8000 feet in UK on CE mode only at 300 feet altitude.still had full signal using a windsurfer mod.gonna try 10k as soon as wind dies a bit

Reactions: Captain Jerry
Awesome! I have way too many trees around to even attempt that. I was freaked out at 2000'. Very impressive!

How do you change the display from meters to feet? Is this just available on the pro? Im american and i hate converting everything!

Awesome! I have way too many trees around to even attempt that. I was freaked out at 2000'. Very impressive!

How do you change the display from meters to feet? Is this just available on the pro? Im american and i hate converting everything!

Never mind- i figured it out.... Imperial unit of measure.... Duh!

Go into the setting and change it from metric to imperial

When you got to these altitudes the risk of aircraft strikes increases greatly.
If an aircraft strikes it, the loss of the drone will be the least of your problems.
Use your head.
394' of altitude is under the req ceiling
Cap'n Gerry is an aircraft collides with the drone they have a problem

Reactions: JerichoVirus

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20