1080p 60fps

Not sure about the update got a P3s for Christmas should I still update the app on IOS still ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You guys should apply for the DJI Developer and start developing your own apps. The SDK kit is now available and all features are unlocked for you to tinker with. It's free, and the only thing they require is a credit card. I used a disposable CC to apply. This access will also allow you to bypass any restrictions (opt out) that may be in place in the future (like Geo Fencing) as you're on file with DJI.

DJI Developer
DJI Developer - SDK download

Regarding Opt Out: DJI Launches Public Beta of New Geofencing System

What makes you say you will be able to opt out of geo maps ??

What makes you say you will be able to opt out of geo maps ??

At the bottom I put a quote from DJI regarding opting out. The statement from DJI says "unlock" which is the same as opt-out:

To accommodate the large variety of authorized applications, GEO will allow drone operators with verified DJI accounts to self-authorize and temporarily unlock flight in some locations. Certain areas where drone flight is not allowed, such as Washington D.C., will remain as unlockable no-fly zones. Unlocking requires a DJI account verified with a credit card, debit card or mobile phone number. DJI will neither collect nor store the information, and the service is free.
DJI Releases Promised Geo-Fencing Firmware With Opt-Out Feature

Last edited:
At the bottom I put a quote from DJI regarding opting out. The statement from DJI says "unlock" which is the same as opt-out:

To accommodate the large variety of authorized applications, GEO will allow drone operators with verified DJI accounts to self-authorize and temporarily unlock flight in some locations. Certain areas where drone flight is not allowed, such as Washington D.C., will remain as unlockable no-fly zones. Unlocking requires a DJI account verified with a credit card, debit card or mobile phone number. DJI will neither collect nor store the information, and the service is free.
DJI Releases Promised Geo-Fencing Firmware With Opt-Out Feature

Umm .. I think you misunderstand ... This geo map is coming .. The credit card or phone # is used to verify your identity.. It has nothing to do with having or not having a SDK account unfortunately.

The unlocks are required before you fly in a yellow zone and last 3 days

Umm .. I think you misunderstand ... This geo map is coming .. The credit card or phone # is used to verify your identity.. It has nothing to do with having or not having a SDK account unfortunately.

The unlocks are required before you fly in a yellow zone and last 3 days

I signed up as a developer. The first thing they have you do is enter a credit card #. Part of this process is to have a credit card on file (with DJI). Having this on file is also part of the verification process which allows you to opt out of certain things and is part of your DJI account. I didn't misunderstand anything. The point I was trying to make (maybe it wasn't clear) was that if you sign up to be a developer, you will need to have a CC on file - and if you do this, you have also satisfied that other area in which you are now identified as good to go and have ability to perform unlocks or opt outs. So yes, it does have something to do with an SDK account, if you want to have one.

Did you click the link and read/comprehend the article? >>> DJI Releases Promised Geo-Fencing Firmware With Opt-Out Feature <<<

Last edited:
I signed up as a developer. The first thing they have you do is enter a credit card #. Part of this process is to have a credit card on file (with DJI). Having this on file is also part of the verification process which allows you to opt out of certain things and is part of your DJI account. I didn't misunderstand anything. The point I was trying to make (maybe it wasn't clear) was that if you sign up to be a developer, you will need to have a CC on file - and if you do this, you have also satisfied that other area in which you are now identified as good to go and have ability to perform unlocks or opt outs. So yes, it does have something to do with an SDK account, if you want to have one.

Did you click the link and read/comprehend the article? >>> DJI Releases Promised Geo-Fencing Firmware With Opt-Out Feature <<<

The wording "opt out" implies you can choose to not take part in something.

When DJI Geo maps is officially launched you will have to sign in and verify your account via phone # or CC. In order to unlock yellow no fly areas temporarily.

Your "technique" of signing up for a SDK account does add any further functionality or options to the geo maps. It does not allow you to opt out of anything. It will just "possibly" take care of the verification part of the geo maps launch. And even at that I'm going to presume they will want you to confirm your info online with them.

So as I said before I think you have misinterpreted the function of geo maps. And the wording "opt out" is definitely used incorrectly as this implies something permanent, the unlock is only valid for 3 days no matter what your account settings.

The only other way to unlock no fly zones is through email if you have proof that you should technically be allowed to fly there at any time, i.e. If you own your own international airport and can prove that you are allowed to fly any time. Or if you are the US president and want to be able to fly your phantom in DC. So essentially none of us.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj