1080P 60fps gone!

Reaction score
Just a heads up if you update your firmware today to the latest update you will loose the ability to set video at 1080P 60fps. Only 24 and 30 are options now, at least with my P3S. Lame...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

36a2da843fe2e9ec02302afd0d36d17a.jpg

Apparently it may depend on your mobile OS, possibly device, but i had 60 this afternoon and after the update I don't. They should never take features away

That may be an option that slipped into the iOS version because it isn't available in Android.

Apparently it may depend on your mobile OS, possibly device, but i had 60 this afternoon and after the update I don't. They should never take features away

I have iOS- 6+.
Since the recent app update, I was only seeing 24+25fps for each res'.

I just reset my camera settings..... And now I'm seeing 24 + 30 fps.

Seems odd.

I have iOS- 6+.
Since the recent app update, I was only seeing 24+25fps for each res'.

I just reset my camera settings..... And now I'm seeing 24 + 30 fps.

Seems odd.

Isn't that related to PAL and NTSC modes? As far as I know NTSC does have up to 30fps(P3S) PAL 24 and 25fps.

So when you reset, it will be in NTSC mode again.

Reactions: dpicx68
So does the DJI go app or newest firmware make this change?

I'm still on DJI GO 2.4.3 and see the 60fps option.

Yes whatever the latest one is will make the change. Everything I have shot since getting it 3 weeks ago has been in 1080P 60FPS and now I can only do 1080P 30FPS, that option just straight up disappeared.

Saw the change in another thread and refuse to upgrade based on that - don't use it that much but like it when I do. Don't think it has anything to do with the device as the recording is all birdside. Both my iPhone 5 and 6s offer it as a choice. Would love to hear why they removed it though.

I'm guessing the reason 1080x60 was removed is because it wasn't supposed to be there in the first place & just slipped through the cracks in an iOS update. The Android version I have doesn't offer 60 fps. Obviously the hardware can handle it but the specs state 1080x30. I assume DJI sees this as an incentive to purchase a Pro/Advanced over a Standard.

"HA HA!!!"
-Nelson, The Simpsons.

Just a heads up if you update your firmware today to the latest update you will loose the ability to set video at 1080P 60fps. Only 24 and 30 are options now, at least with my P3S. Lame...

As a consumer, that is the kinda thing that pisses me off to no end. Don't sell me something and artificially limit the capabilities because you want me to pay more for the same thing but with some bit toggled saying "yeah...let this work". It's one thing if the Pro/Adv has different hardware I'm buying like VPS, lightbridge, etc. But if I'm paying for the advanced hardware and being told you can't use it because you didn't give us enough money, then you've told me your advanced is overpriced and you are greedy. Which I guess is par for the course - rant over :)

This is old news people and it has been brought up here a few times back in November.

I'm guessing the reason 1080x60 was removed is because it wasn't supposed to be there in the first place & just slipped through the cracks in an iOS update. The Android version I have doesn't offer 60 fps. Obviously the hardware can handle it but the specs state 1080x30. I assume DJI sees this as an incentive to purchase a Pro/Advanced over a Standard.

And this is the reason. From my understanding, many people had issues with the output being choppy and degraded in 1080/60fps so it was removed.

Reactions: jointeffort
As a consumer, that is the kinda thing that pisses me off to no end. Don't sell me something and artificially limit the capabilities because you want me to pay more for the same thing but with some bit toggled saying "yeah...let this work". It's one thing if the Pro/Adv has different hardware I'm buying like VPS, lightbridge, etc. But if I'm paying for the advanced hardware and being told you can't use it because you didn't give us enough money, then you've told me your advanced is overpriced and you are greedy. Which I guess is par for the course - rant over :)
If they left it in people would complain cause it didn't work right. And if you really wanted a Pro or Advanced camera you would of needed to buy one of those models. The camera on the Standard is not the same, it uses a Panasonic sensor where as the Pro/Adv uses a Sony sensor, the same as in the Gopro 4 so don't expect the same quality & features.

As of recently (I am on 2.4.3) I noticed 4K showing up on my settings. It doesn't work of course but when disconnected from the quad it is there as an option. I assume it has something to do with the newer P3 4K.

IMG_1972.jpg

If it's a quality issue or a feature that just didn't perform as expected, that I can understand. I'm more worried it is a perfectly functional feature that was removed due to the high number of standards now being sold due to the reduced price.

4198bc7412d53968292c99ed60a6ea56.jpg

I don't understand their broken English, are they trying to say that it appeared as an option but wasn't really doing 60fps? Because my video was definitely 60fps?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj