107 "Sample" Questions

Reaction score
I was wondering what type of questions they have on the test. Not looking for answers, just trying to get a ball park idea where the questions are headed. Below is a copy and paste. I'm assuming you have a map in front of you? If you don't I would have got the first 3 questions wrong right off the bat LOL

Sample UAG Exam:

1 (Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 21.) What airport is located approximately 47 (degrees) 40 (minutes) N

latitude and 101 (degrees) 26 (minutes) W longitude?

A. Mercer County Regional Airport.

B. Semshenko Airport.

C. Garrison Airport.

PLT064 / UA.V.B.K6a Sources for airport data: Aeronautical charts.

2 (Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 26.) What does the line of latitude at area 4 measure?

A. The degrees of latitude east and west of the Prime Meridian.

B. The degrees of latitude north and south from the equator.

C. The degrees of latitude east and west of the line that passes through Greenwich, England.

PLT064 / UA.V.B.K6a Sources for airport data: Aeronautical charts.

3 (Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2G, Figure 23, area 3.) What is the floor of the Savannah Class C airspace at the shelf area

(outer circle)?

A. 1,300 feet AGL.

B. 1,300 feet MSL.

C. 1,700 feet MSL.

PLT040 / UA.II.A.K1b

You can actually download the FAA booklet from their site. Several of the sites offering sample tests use this booklet for sample section chart segments, density altitude charts,etc. referenced in test questions. The actual test work the same way.

Reactions: FASTFJR
How are you guys finding the answer to that third question? I know the answer and still can't find it on the map. I don't see it labeled anywhere. I'm really have a tough time with some of these questions relating to a map. I'm also having trouble with question 15, the one about flying into Rwy 13 from midfield left downwind. How do you know which direction this one is coming?

You don't need a map to answer this one, just a basic understanding of how airport runways and patterns are laid out and labeled. Runways are labeled based on the aircraft heading when on the runway. So runway 13 means a heading of 130 degrees. Going the other direction, the runway would be 31 (180 + 130). Which is in use depends on the wind. Unless other wise directed, all turn s in the pattern are left hand turns. And the basic segments of the airport pattern are - downwind ,crosswind and final. Standard practice is to enter the downleg segment at a45 degree angle. So in this case, the heading for runway 13 is 130 or heading southeast.and the downwind segment and the announcing aircraft would east of the runway. While drones wouldn't fly in the pattern, if you are flying near an airport, you would need to know where to look for other aircraft in and around the pattern. This is all covered in the airman's handbook.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic