107 Pilots Needed in Dallas, TX Area

Reaction score
All,

We have been getting heavy demand from a major insurance carrier in the Dallas, TX area. We are looking for more Part 107 pilots to add to our network and deploy. We have been using about 20 or so pilots so far, but the volume is picking up that our current pilots cannot meet the supply of missions.

This is one of the first major deployments of drone services in the country at scale and Dallas, TX has been hit pretty heavy with weather/hail. The payout is varying but around $70 per property (this is inspection, not nice photography). Pricing was set by the insurance carrier and must be lower than sending standard adjuster to site and on a roof (business as usual).

Feel free to signup at dronebase.com and complete your profile with drone system and part 107 info. No mavics unfortunately per requirements. No post production is required. Everything shot in jpg format.

Let me know if you have any questions.

As demand increases, there may be more cities like Houston, etc.

- Nick

Two questions,

Why not mavics ?
Any real work demand up here in NY upstate (Syracuse) area ?

I got the app but all I see in my area it's pano not guaranteed pay ....

Thanks! I'm part 107 certified....

Anyone I can contact about this in Nebraska?

Thanks!
Nick is the guy to talk to about any questions or issues.

When you sign up for DB when jobs become available near you they will send you notifications. It's a pretty sweet system.

Two questions,

Why not mavics ?
Any real work demand up here in NY upstate (Syracuse) area ?

I got the app but all I see in my area it's pano not guaranteed pay ....

Thanks! I'm part 107 certified....

No mavics due to the main customers requirements. I'm trying to figure out why still.

You'll get pinged about client missions (as long as profile is completely updated). Trust me, I wish pano missions were all client missions.

I created an account, however i don't see any client jobs in any of the areas i frequent. I guess its one of those things you just keep an eye on eh?

I created an account, however i don't see any client jobs in any of the areas i frequent. I guess its one of those things you just keep an eye on eh?

When a client mission becomes available (like an inspection job), you'll receive a notification if your profile is complete having your drone system, and 107 info. Then you can accept or decline. We provide the rate, dates needed, address, and scope of work.

Reactions: SHROP and BigAl07
When a client mission becomes available (like an inspection job), you'll receive a notification if your profile is complete having your drone system, and 107 info. Then you can accept or decline. We provide the rate, dates needed, address, and scope of work.

It works really well.

Nick- FWIW- Im certain Allstate is saving an *** load of money here considering how much they pay CAT field adjusters. I understand the requirements of an adjuter are much different than a 107 Pilot, but if you arent charging minimum of $200 per inspection, my suggestion would be to renegotiate with big blue, and pay your Pilots 60% of the fee schedule. Even if Allstate saves $50 per claim, theyll be ecstatic. $100 to the pilot seems a little more fair.

Reactions: BigAl07
Nick- FWIW- Im certain Allstate is saving an *** load of money here considering how much they pay CAT field adjusters. I understand the requirements of an adjuter are much different than a 107 Pilot, but if you arent charging minimum of $200 per inspection, my suggestion would be to renegotiate with big blue, and pay your Pilots 60% of the fee schedule. Even if Allstate saves $50 per claim, theyll be ecstatic. $100 to the pilot seems a little more fair.

I hear ya. We understand but those rates you proposed won't work as they are already higher than their standard business as usual rates. If we want large enterprises to adopt drone usage and use outside drone service providers, the service must be magnitudes better (price, speed, safety, quality, etc) to show that there is ROI or else they will continue to not use drones. They'll just send an adjuster to the home and up a ladder at $100-125 per home. This is a new market.

Reactions: JHook
I hear ya. We understand but those rates you proposed won't work as they are already higher than their standard business as usual rates. If we want large enterprises to adopt drone usage and use outside drone service providers, the service must be magnitudes better (price, speed, safety, quality, etc) to show that there is ROI or else they will continue to not use drones. They'll just send an adjuster to the home and up a ladder at $100-125 per home. This is a new market.

I completely understand pioneering a new market and i commend you for that. However, if they told you they only pay their adjusters $100-125 per home someone misled you. Their biller starts at $142 and goes way up... CAT and Reg biz.

You can message me if youd like a copy of their pay schedule.

Nick, you did a great job negotiating with Allstate and charging them $225 per drone inspection! That's right where I suggested you be, cheers!

It's unfortunate that you paid your pilots so little though, shame on you for not paying the industry standard of 60%.

For 60% ($135) you could have hired some 'C' rated CAT adjusters who weren't deployed, but still had industry knowledge, and they would have given you a better product.
Texas has more licensed independent P&C adjusters per capita than any other state.

A better product means perhaps Allstate wouldnt be so dissapointed with the all the missed damages and reinspections they are having to do and this project wouldnt have killed their ambitions towards drone integration.
I guess hindsight 20/20 when youre pioneering a new market....
..or perhaps you could have consulted with someone who has been in this industry for over a decade.

Nick, you did a great job negotiating with Allstate and charging them $225 per drone inspection! That's right where I suggested you be, cheers!

It's unfortunate that you paid your pilots so little though, shame on you for not paying the industry standard of 60%.

For 60% ($135) you could have hired some 'C' rated CAT adjusters who weren't deployed, but still had industry knowledge, and they would have given you a better product.
Texas has more licensed independent P&C adjusters per capita than any other state.

A better product means perhaps Allstate wouldnt be so dissapointed with the all the missed damages and reinspections they are having to do and this project wouldnt have killed their ambitions towards drone integration.
I guess hindsight 20/20 when youre pioneering a new market....
..or perhaps you could have consulted with someone who has been in this industry for over a decade.

Hey - not sure where you got $225 per drone inspection, as we are not setting the price with Allstate. Shoot me a reference to that price, and I'll check it out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31