107.29 and AirMap

Reaction score
So I've now received my 107.29 exemption. It's worded exactly like the hundreds of others that have been issued.

I've used AirMap.io on my iPhone to get airspace authorization in Class C & D airspace during the day.

Now, when I try to get a Class C authorization at the same location I've gotten before in the day, but now at night, it gives me a 'rejected upon submission, Do not fly at night".

So how would I used my 107.29 waiver for a controlled airspace?

You can NOT use a Waiver an a LAANC authorization together. In order to fly in Controlled airspace at night you'll need to go back to the online portal and submit that way.

So I've now received my 107.29 exemption. It's worded exactly like the hundreds of others that have been issued.

I've used AirMap.io on my iPhone to get airspace authorization in Class C & D airspace during the day.

Now, when I try to get a Class C authorization at the same location I've gotten before in the day, but now at night, it gives me a 'rejected upon submission, Do not fly at night".

So how would I used my 107.29 waiver for a controlled airspace?
So What Cannot be Submitted via LAANC?
Complex operations cannot go through LAANC. Complex operations would be operations near the airport (in the red no-fly zone on the airport facility maps) or where a waiver is involved (e.g. flying in controlled airspace under your night waiver).

Thanks. I was afraid of that.

I hope with LANNC rolled out, the time it takes for an airspace authorization has dropped from from the 150 days that my last one took. Even so, I'll plan on submitting authorizations for July 4th fireworks filming soon, just in case.

As an aside, my 107.29 waiver took just 2 weeks to be approved vs a month for a previous submittal (in January) to be rejected.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart