100 watt Charger on Amazon...HURRY!!!

Reaction score
Only 7 left at this price...

Only 7 left at this price...
I want too but that 1 says 26.3v 3.83A and mine says 17.4v 3.3A how big of a difference is that. I have a P3S. I'm guessing alot

I want too but that 1 says 26.3v 3.83A and mine says 17.4v 3.3A how big of a difference is that. I have a P3S. I'm guessing alot
You are correct. I have the P3S charger that came with my bird, and the 100 watt P3A/P charger as well. Both Phantom charges say 17.5 volts. I cannot imagine this would work.
Let us know, squirrel!

Well, it is a genuine DJI charger. Yes, the Inspire charger is the same as the P3P or P3A charger. 100 watts. The reason for the voltage being higher than the P3S 57 watt charger is because it is a 100 watt charger, NOT the 57 watt. This is the charger that one wants for a 'quick' 1 hour charge, compared to the 1.5 hours for the 57 watt model.

Voltage from the charger must not exceed the specified battery voltage by more than ~ 10-15% .
The electrical components on the circuit boards were specifically designed for a certain voltage range. Going under that is bad....going over that is bad.

The wattage is the power supplied.....voltage is different.
Higher amperage is ok for a fast charge but you still want the correct voltage.

The voltage of the Inspire battery is 22 volts DC - 22v * 15% = 3.3v (so it needs a 25 - 26v charger)
The voltage for the Phantom battery is 15.2 volts DC - 15v * 15% = 2.25v (so it needs a 17 - 18v charger)

You CAN use a higher WATT charger (more current available), but not higher or lower voltage.

Note: Slow charging a battery usually extends the life of the battery. While the 100 Watt charger will definitely charge the batter faster, it will generate more heat in doing so. Heat kills batteries. Better to have more batteries and charge them at 57 Watts than one and charge it at 100 Watts.

That's why this charger outputs more voltage. You don't charge a 12v car battery with a 20v charger.
The charging voltage should only exceed the rated voltage by about 10-15%

While it "might" charge the battery, it will be over voltage and will damage the battery (if it charges at all due to the intelligent circuitry)

Do not buy this charger for the Phantom 3 (is my best advice)

Last edited:
Voltage from the charger must not exceed the specified battery voltage by more than ~ 10-15% .
The electrical components on the circuit boards were specifically designed for a certain voltage range. Going under that is bad....going over that is bad.

The wattage is the power supplied.....voltage is different.
Higher amperage is ok for a fast charge but you still want the correct voltage.

The voltage of the Inspire battery is 22 volts DC - 22v * 15% = 3.3v (so it needs a 25 - 26v charger)
The voltage for the Phantom battery is 15.2 volts DC - 15v * 15% = 2.25v (so it needs a 17 - 18v charger)

You CAN use a higher WATT charger (more current available), but not higher or lower voltage.

Note: Slow charging a battery usually extends the life of the battery. While the 100 Watt charger will definitely charge the batter faster, it will generate more heat in doing so. Heat kills batteries. Better to have more batteries and charge them at 57 Watts than one and charge it at 100 Watts.

That's why this charger outputs more voltage. You don't charge a 12v car battery with a 20v charger.
The charging voltage should only exceed the rated voltage by about 10-15%

While it "might" charge the battery, it will be over voltage and will damage the battery (if it charges at all due to the intelligent circuitry)

Do not buy this charger for the Phantom 3 (is my best advice)
Thank You for taking time, well said

:confused: Dammit... ;)

And thanks for saving my batteries. :cool:

I just canceled my order for 2... :(

Sorry to get any hopes up, guys... :(

Well, you could possibly rig up some components to get it to work but I'd have to do the calculations to figure out exactly what would be needed.
Might be more cost effective to wait for a good deal on the correct charger.

Anyone ever bought one of those cheap Harbor Freight rechargable drills that seem to last about a month? PM if you'd like to know how to get them to last for YEARS...

Reactions: Squirrel!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj