100 Flight Mark

Reaction score
WIN_20160920_21_03_45_Pro.jpg

Sorry about the crappy camera quality. Just wanted to capture this milestone. Expect some video soon!

Good work. I think it takes close to 100 flights to get truly comfortable flying these things. At least, it takes 100 for the first 'copter...the second and third probably take less. :)

Good work. I think it takes close to 100 flights to get truly comfortable flying these things. At least, it takes 100 for the first 'copter...the second and third probably take less. :)

Might be true, but after an ESC failure in the air, fishing it out of a neighbors tree, 2 trips to DJI and a hairline crack forming after 20 hours of flight, I still get anxiety every time I go out. I love it though :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've been flying since April 2014, but those were toy quads. I've already flown >2,000 ft, and dropped milk balloons from 400 ft, and been swarmed by birds. ;)

I've been flying since April 2014, but those were toy quads. I've already flown >2,000 ft, and dropped milk balloons from 400 ft, and been swarmed by birds. ;)
You should post the video of the balloon drop if you have it, would be cool to watch lol.

You should post the video of the balloon drop if you have it, would be cool to watch lol.
As of right now, I was so high up that you couldn't see the balloon hit the ground. :rolleyes: I'll try it again but lower.

What did you use to drop the balloon?
I hotglued a meat skewer to the landing gear a an angle. The balloon had a piece of wire attached and it formed a loop the hooked onto the skewer. Then when I got to the desired altitude I did a sharp bank and the balloon slid off the skewer and it dropped.

Reactions: RawDawg85
I hotglued a meat skewer to the landing gear a an angle. The balloon had a piece of wire attached and it formed a loop the hooked onto the skewer. Then when I got to the desired altitude I did a sharp bank and the balloon slid off the skewer and it dropped.
Very nice, simple and effective.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub