100% centre DNG crops for comparison?

davito said:
So, my solution to problem #2 is to buy a new M12 lens. After a lot of research, I chosen a "super megapixel board lens" (10 Megapixel) for 1/2.3"sensor, focal length=5.4mm, F/No=2.5, M.O.D.=0.2m 70° 6.0g. :
http://www.vd-shop.de/hochaufloesendes- ... p-462.html

I will receive it this wednesday. I hope to post some footage next weekend, and we will see if worth the investment.

Interesting. They recommend a housing extension for the GoPro. I purchased an M12 lens on ebay and found that it, too, needed a longer housing. The lens needed to be mounted too far away from the sensor to allow it to be screwed into the existing housing. I don't know how you'd extend the FC200's housing easily.

Usually, wider angle lenses allow you to mount them CLOSER to the film plane (or sensor, in this case). Tele lenses will be mounted farther away. I think this is the problem I was having.

Peter, did you get your Sony 100 camera yet?

I got the camera weeks ago but I haven't received the Phantom 2 and RX100 platform as yet; there's been a problem getting hold of a DJI iOSD-mini. However, with a bit of luck I should get the copter with all the kit fitted by the end of this week.

davito said:
Nice thread! Thank you, Peter!
So, my solution to problem #2 is to buy a new M12 lens. After a lot of research, I chosen a "super megapixel board lens" (10 Megapixel) for 1/2.3"sensor, focal length=5.4mm, F/No=2.5, M.O.D.=0.2m 70° 6.0g. :
http://www.vd-shop.de/hochaufloesendes- ... p-462.html

Any luck with your new lens? I would love to see how your photos look now.

FSJ Guy said:
The lens needed to be mounted too far away from the sensor to allow it to be screwed into the existing housing. I don't know how you'd extend the FC200's housing easily.

Usually, wider angle lenses allow you to mount them CLOSER to the film plane (or sensor, in this case). Tele lenses will be mounted farther away. I think this is the problem I was having.
Yes, FSJ Guy, you were right! I needed to extend 3 milimeters the stock housing of the lens to get focus, so I had to use an epoxy two component gum to built the housing extension:
http://www.pattex.es/pagina-de-inicio/p ... atodo.html

It works fine!

ResevorDG said:
Any luck with your new lens? I would love to see how your photos look now.

Finally I could adapt the lens, refocus and go out to fly this weekend.

I'm very happy with the results! I left you some samples (following the Peter's format):

and an url to download the raw files.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5317239/tavira_raw.zip

Please, give me your feedback!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 390
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 321
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 323
i have a few pics at www.flyinghighfoto.com

as you can see, the right third of my images are out of focus. i expect a little edge distortion with a lens this wide but this wrong. i may send the cam to rage foto for a gopro lens. i will post some images if i do

davito said:
AnselA said:
which effect the Vision app FOV adjustement have to images (videos)?

Sorry, AnselA, but I'm not sure of understand your question. :oops:

In Phantom Vision application you can select how wide Field Of View is recorded. 140°or 120° or 90°. I wonder how this works after you have changed the lens?

AnselA said:
davito said:
AnselA said:
which effect the Vision app FOV adjustement have to images (videos)?

Sorry, AnselA, but I'm not sure of understand your question. :oops:

In Phantom Vision application you can select how wide Field Of View is recorded. 140°or 120° or 90°. I wonder how this works after you have changed the lens?

Ok, thank you for the explanation! :D
This functionality for selection of FOV is still the same, but when you choose another different area than 140º, the FOV that you can see in the preview (or record with the video function) is very narrow.
Sincerely, I find this functionality unuseful, even with the original lens of the P2V.

I ordered my P2V with the Dronexpert gimbal from Neatherlands and asked them before the shipping that they would specially check out the quality of my camera.

I'm not sure if the camera is the original one or if they had to change it, but when it arrived, I was happy with the pics. One should always keep in mind that lens and sensor of this size will never give you similar quality and sharpness with low noise levels if you compare it to the DSLR-photos. Even the most of the best new point and shoot cameras will give you sharper pics with less noise, but when you accept this fact, you can start having fun with your FC200. Most point and shoot cameras or DSLR's won't fly, but this one does. Ain't that something special? ;)

Here's a 100% size 800 x 800 pixel sample from one of my first dng-files:

-jonzalez-

Attachments

• Center_sample1.jpg
    Center_sample1.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 246

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members