10 Registration Number Decals for $7.00

If anyone wants a label that is not attached to the outside for all of the world to see, I'll print you some for free. See more details here.

This place does a great job Vinyl Lettering | Custom Vinyl Lettering
drone.jpg

Does it occur to you that somebody could steal your FA number?
Perhaps. However, if you're flying commercially, you must display it like pictured above.

I thought commercial numbers were N numbers....
Yep -- you are correct, sir.

Regardless, the registration number must be publicly displayed on the outside. So, there is good reason to have such a service for those who need it.

Reactions: Drestin Black
It was my understanding the registration number just had to be located somewhere on the craft that was visible without the use of tools to view it. My number is in my battery compartment and I believe that is legal.

Yes, that's for hobbyists and that's correct. Hobbyists are issued FA numbers. Mine's also in the battery compartment.

Commercial UAS pilots are issued N numbers and those have to be displayed in plain view on the AC.

I did not know that. How do I obtain the N number from the FAA? I passed the 107 test but haven't done anything commercially. Thanks in advance for the info. This forum rocks.

Yep -- you are correct, sir.

Regardless, the registration number must be publicly displayed on the outside. So, there is good reason to have such a service for those who need it.
UAS registration numbers are 'N' numbers only if you go the paper route and send the forms to Kansas City. If you register your bird on the web page, you get a registration number in the same format as hobby registration numbers.

UAS registration numbers are 'N' numbers only if you go the paper route and send the forms to Kansas City. If you register your bird on the web page, you get a registration number in the same format as hobby registration numbers.
You can reserve an N-number online too.

You can reserve an N-number here.
That only reserves the number, you still have to submit the paperwork to get it assigned to your bird. You can get instructions on how to do it here Licenses & Certificates. Click on aircraft registration. You will have to request the form from the FAA. Copies or pdf versions aren't allowed, has to be the original form. System works, my first one took about 6 weeks. Figure I still have about 4 weeks before my second one comes in.

After passing my test, I went online to register my bird and got the long number similar the the hobby format. Actually submitted the paperwork then to change the registration to the N number that I had reserved. Fits much nicer n the rear arms. Just let them assign one on the second bird.

After passing my test, I went online to register my bird and got the long number similar the the hobby format. Actually submitted the paperwork then to change the registration to the N number that I had reserved. Fits much nicer n the rear arms. Just let them assign one on the second bird.

Other than convenience, is there any need for an N number, or am I good with the one I was assigned online when I registered my AC (under 107)?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik