10 Killer Drone Accessories Every Pilot Should Own

well prop guards should only be used indoors outside giant wind sails if you cant fly without banging into things then maybe work on flight sim first

I don't find that to be the case and both my P3P and P4 fly just fine with them. I know that of all the accessories I discuss, this one is the most controversial with flyers in both camps of using them and hating them. I've been flying a few years and consider myself a fairly good pilot but still have the occasional "bump" and am glad I'm using them. Thanks for the reply.

Good video for new pilots. I'm 100% with you on the case and the spare batteries. These are absolute must haves for anyone who is going to fly somewhere that isn't their backyard. Does DJI make car chargers? I'm going to look into that when I have more time to dedicate to droning. Right now I'm pretty content with my spare batteries. Also, I know you said your go-to filter is the ND4, but I find myself always using ND8 (probably because I'm flying in FL and, well, we are the sunshine state). I'd recommend anyone else in perpetually sunny areas to go straight to ND8.

I am using prop guards outside atm but that is cause I'm still learning flight characteristics of the aircraft. I have extra blades, sunshade, spare battery on order just have not decided which hard side case I want yet.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good video for new pilots. I'm 100% with you on the case and the spare batteries. These are absolute must haves for anyone who is going to fly somewhere that isn't their backyard. Does DJI make car chargers? I'm going to look into that when I have more time to dedicate to droning. Right now I'm pretty content with my spare batteries. Also, I know you said your go-to filter is the ND4, but I find myself always using ND8 (probably because I'm flying in FL and, well, we are the sunshine state). I'd recommend anyone else in perpetually sunny areas to go straight to ND8.

That sun in Florida must be a killer for clips over water. I agree that the ND8 would help a lot. I mostly shoot in the early morning or late afternoon and the ND4 works for both of those fine. The car charger isn't a DJI accessory but works great. We have them on the website but you can find them on eBay and Amazon as well. Cheap accessory to keep the batteries charged.

I am using prop guards outside atm but that is cause I'm still learning flight characteristics of the aircraft. I have extra blades, sunshade, spare battery on order just have not decided which hard side case I want yet.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Like I mentioned in the video, I like the MicroRaptor brand because of the way their cases are designed. With their new P4 case they actually have a removable top foam that houses the blades away from the drone. I also like that they offer a combo deal on a hard and soft case to save you money.

That sun in Florida must be a killer for clips over water. I agree that the ND8 would help a lot. I mostly shoot in the early morning or late afternoon and the ND4 works for both of those fine. The car charger isn't a DJI accessory but works great. We have them on the website but you can find them on eBay and Amazon as well. Cheap accessory to keep the batteries charged.
Yes it can be difficult over water depending on the time of day and what you're looking at. Initially I thought the polarized lens would have been my go to over water but after trying them out I don't fly without the ND8 unless it's overcast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31