10 flights = stress cracks...

I'd try that, but the tape looks uglyyyyy :( lol. It's ridiculous if it cracks on it's own. DJI needs to fix this. I did hear the new motors has corrected the stress cracks. Hopefully that's correct.
I'm not that tidy, sure you can make it look better!

I think the cracks would look uglier though ... but so far happily not been able to compare :cool:

I'm not that tidy, sure you can make it look better!

I think the cracks would look uglier though ... but so far happily not been able to compare :cool:

It's there those reinforcement plates you can buy? I saw them on the internet. Is it worth getting and installing?

Yes I though they were worthwhile, that's why you see them on my P3:)
Time will tell if they are truly great, but so far so good.

I hope I don't get those stress cracks, but when do they usually develop? Not when I open the package I hope lol

Use this material, I Used it on a Fresh out of the box P3P before ever flying it This stuff is like Steel, Super strong an easy to use, mix it up thin and pour it around the base of each moor mount area to a thickness of about 1/4 inch, just short of the screw holes for the motors. Allow it to harden an hour and it will become super bonded to the body shell. It is Miracle material, guarantee never a stress crack. Plast-aid® multi-purpose repair plastic for your repair solutions.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
If folks cannot find this stuff easily, I'm sure JB Weld would work exactly the same.

I haven't a clue maybe some data on the website but it adheres wonderfully and becomes one with the body material.. and is incredibly light and strong. You can even drill and tap it.
Here is a photo from my arm reinforcement using Plast-Aid. It is strong as steel and bonds to the shell as if it were original material. Over 100 flights and not a hint of a crack anywhere.
IMG_0237.JPG

Just received my P3P today. They gave me the old shell and motors. Should I purchase those reinforcement plates before the stress cracking begins?

Here is a photo from my arm reinforcement using Plast-Aid. It is strong as steel and bonds to the shell as if it were original material. Over 100 flights and not a hint of a crack anywhere. View attachment 34319
In fact this stuff is so strong a piece 1/4 inch thick and 2 inches long you can not break with your bare hands..

Reactions: Mordor
Reactions: Mordor
Maybe it is time that we thought about a class action on DJI. Having a known flaw and doing a couple of redesign's of the shell is admission of guilt. We have enough issues with idiots doing the wrong thing, so we don't want birds falling out of the sky due to design faults as the aircrafts get older and more brittle. It is wrong for DJI just to fix only the birds sent back under warrantee. Car makers do recalls when it involves safety, so DJI should also do a recall of all the earlier models on the grounds of safety!
So DJI, do the right thing otherwise we as a group may have to take action...

available here or on Amazon too
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEcQFjAAahUKEwjgg4Lcz-LIAhUDmR4KHWfLCQo&url=http://www.plast-aid.com/&usg=AFQjCNGhG1W4IuV6NmV4tLwkOfGTgJU1-A&sig2=Rw2zpfYw5n3KTA2B0yrtvg

Ebay too: Plast Aid 80400 Plastic Pool Part Repair Kit 6 Ounce | eBay

Watch this video on the demonstration

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What type of witch craft is this? lol

I know I sound like a salesperson for this product but I'll say this much.. It is so good, I'm confident that in a crash the only thing that will not be broken is anywhere the Plast-aid is applied.. It will survive

I've check my p3a, bought early Oct in Canada... has old motors and shell. I've only got a few flights with it, but no cracks... yet!.. Martin Smith how have you put on the plast-aid? just around outside the screw holes inside of shell? great info, thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers