10,000 feet!!! Update record

I go out a little over 15,000ft daily but my house is on a big hill and out in the country here in Indiana so I have no interference to deal with. I can probably go a little farther out but only have so much battery life and I like to make sure I can get back. But these P3 are pretty amazing on the range. As long as you can get your signal over trees and buildings you can go really far, you will always loose video feed first over control, so just go higher when video signal drops untill you get full bars back.

I'm catching flack getting permission from control towers in my area is why I ask. The fine is only $25,000 and possible jail time so I'm not sure I should be concerned.

weird what county is that in?????

Ive been 13.123ft out (4 kilometers) then got to chicken to go further.
Full bars on both signals, completly stock setup with 1.3.20FW.

Cant help thinking that the alu backside of my iPad Mini works alittle like the alu foil boosters many put on their antennas.
Good point

Wait. I've done almost 14,000 feet (4.2 km). 10,000 doesn't seem that it's as much as a big deal... at least for me.

Glad it's working out for you though.
Remember, 10k feet was where I hit RTH. I still had video and it was still going. Someday when I'm out in the country, I will try to go further.

Reactions: Prometheus_Xex

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20