10,000 feet!!! Update record

Reaction score
I did the update according to the directions from Phantom Help and I thank him for the help. My android phone is updated but it is not DJI GO. I had read some people where getting increased range since the update. I took my P3 to the forest preserves and launched from a small hill. Now my P2 would get about 2,000 feet before losing signal. My P3 got to around 2,700 feet. I couldn't believe my P3 was still going at 3,000 feet and climbing. When it hit 1 mile I was ecstatic. But it kept on going. All the way to 10,000. Now I still had video and it was still going. I hate to let you all know this, but I became afraid. I stopped and hit RTH. Now the s**t hit the fan. I lost connection. Screen went blank and the readings disappeared. First thing I do is pull the USB plug and plug it back in, nothing. I do this a few times, nothing. Now about a minute has gone by and no anything. I try to close Pilot app, but the screen appears frozen. Great. Now 2 minutes have gone by. I just stand there looking at the sky and thinking, I'm not going to have my P3 for my trip to the Rocky Mountains at the end of this week. Bummed. Finally the screen responds and I'm able to kill Pilot app. I reboot it and the screen comes on and connects, with video! It says it is 2,00 feet away and returning. I bring it back and land it. I have just completed my longest flight successfully! Since there was a total disconnect, the flight log only shows the 1 trip and not the return. This update is pretty awesome!
20111231_180122.JPG

Nice flight. I was doing 9000 easily with the 1.19 I can't wait to see how it flys with the new firmware.
Glad it came back safely

What r u flying? The pro or advanced?

I did the update according to the directions from Phantom Help and I thank him for the help. My android phone is updated but it is not DJI GO. I had read some people where getting increased range since the update. I took my P3 to the forest preserves and launched from a small hill. Now my P2 would get about 2,000 feet before losing signal. My P3 got to around 2,700 feet. I couldn't believe my P3 was still going at 3,000 feet and climbing. When it hit 1 mile I was ecstatic. But it kept on going. All the way to 10,000. Now I still had video and it was still going. I hate to let you all know this, but I became afraid. I stopped and hit RTH. Now the s**t hit the fan. I lost connection. Screen went blank and the readings disappeared. First thing I do is pull the USB plug and plug it back in, nothing. I do this a few times, nothing. Now about a minute has gone by and no anything. I try to close Pilot app, but the screen appears frozen. Great. Now 2 minutes have gone by. I just stand there looking at the sky and thinking, I'm not going to have my P3 for my trip to the Rocky Mountains at the end of this week. Bummed. Finally the screen responds and I'm able to kill Pilot app. I reboot it and the screen comes on and connects, with video! It says it is 2,00 feet away and returning. I bring it back and land it. I have just completed my longest flight successfully! Since there was a total disconnect, the flight log only shows the 1 trip and not the return. This update is pretty awesome!
View attachment 27242
That's a heart stopper.-- on most of these long flights, signal is lost suddenly either video, or radio or both-- you can have strong signal one second and then black screen. The P3 would be useless without a well functioning RTH. You don't see a lot of posts complaining about a failed RTH.. Great to hear that you get er back in one piece.:):)

It's a P3A. The latest upgrade at DJI. My P3 has been so superior to my P2 of last summer. On an Android

I have got 11000+ on both 1.1.9 and 1.3.2. Lost connection once like this. Restarting the rc reconnected me to the phantom and was good to go.

Good run.

One question. How much did you make on that flight? If it is approximately 0 dollars I am not interested.

Maybe I'm missing something, is the line the 10000 ft flight? If so those are some very large buildings. Not doubting you, just the scale seems off.

Nice bud ! It's appear that +/- 10000ft is the official safe distance instead that that said on the product page.

Just reach 3200km (10 500) last day :) with a Phantom3 Adv will all udpates!

Maybe I'm missing something, is the line the 10000 ft flight? If so those are some very large buildings. Not doubting you, just the scale seems off.
None of those building s are more than 3 stories

Ive been 13.123ft out (4 kilometers) then got to chicken to go further.
Full bars on both signals, completly stock setup with 1.3.20FW.

Cant help thinking that the alu backside of my iPad Mini works alittle like the alu foil boosters many put on their antennas.

I must be in the minority ... I have no interest in flying out that far ... but I do enjoy the reports form obviously very happy pilot!!!

I dont "enjoy" it either.
I was just qurious how well my Phantom would do.
2 days after getting mine, i was qurious to see if it would live up to DJI's range on paper.
Went 2.1 kilometers out and was amazed.
Few days later i was on a hill with clear weather and fields as far as i could see.
I thought "screw it" im gonna try.
4 kilometers later, got chicken and turned 180.
But its nice to know :)

Impressive flight. Nice.

Did you make any contact with Chicago Executive tower before the flight? were you concerned about it at all? It looks like you were near the outskirts of their airspace but still inside it.
I'm catching flack getting permission from control towers in my area is why I ask. The fine is only $25,000 and possible jail time so I'm not sure I should be concerned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers