Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1 Motor "Twitching"

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by imngeorgia, May 24, 2014.

1. imngeorgia

I crashed my Phantom 2 Vision Plus drone and it landed upside down. It was a good distance from me, so I laid the controller down and ran towards the drone. When I got to it, I realized it was still running. I assumed it had turned off automatically. I picked it up and it attempted to fly but as I held it, it was shaking badly. When I got back to the controller, I turned the drone off. I realized then I had a broken propeller. I took it in the house and replace the propeller. I then took it back outside to fly again and when it started, one of the motors would only "twitch." I assumed then that I had burned out that motor. I ordered one and replaced it. Same thing. By surfing YouTube, I learned about the ESC board (the circuit board next to each motor). So, I have ordered one to replace for that motor.

Does this indeed sound like what's wrong with it? I hate to buy piece by piece until I find the problem. Any one else had a similar problem?

Thanks. :cry:

2. Tolipa

You probably need to replace the ESC board. I had the same problem, changed the motor also, but nothing. Changed the ESC and away it went. I could get the motor to turn if I sped it with my finger, but once it stopped it wouldn't start on its own. You will have to solder.