1 Green Blink 3 Red Blinks in NAZA Mode. Normal?

Jre

Reaction score
I put my bird into NAZA mode and it gets 1 green blink then 3 red blinks in a loop in GPS mode (ATTI gives a yellow blink instead of green). Is this normal or did I do something wrong? The assistant software stated that IMU calibration wasn't needed, and I calibrated the compass several times. Thanks.

do a google search for the naza light codes... it just means you dont have 6 satellites yet.

Yeah, you need to learn a new set of led codes when switching to NAZA. The red flashes decrease from 3 to 2 to 1 to none once you have locked on <4, 5, 6 or more satellites respectively.

Make sure you've read up on all the other NAZA functions as well before you try them or you might end up confused. If in doubt, both transmitter switches fully up will put you back in the equivalent of Vision GPS mode... (but again with different LED status indicators - different for compass calibration too, don't let that one catch you out)

Basically, I think that I understand the GPS and Attitude (ATTI) modes.

I assume that Manual mode is simply no GPS aids, and no instrumentation
aids (barometer, compass, accelerometer, tilt sensor, etc.) while flying, right?

So, what is NAZA mode, please?

I have the same thing. I have never used mine... How can I fly it in manual mode or any mode?

garygid said:

aids (barometer, compass, accelerometer, tilt sensor, etc.) while flying, right?
NAZA mode is one of two overall configurations or "personalities" for your Phantom:

Phantom 2 Vision Mode = Beginner mode, standard GPS flight only. Advanced features disabled. How it comes out of the box.

NAZA Mode = Expert mode, lets you enable advanced features like ATTI, IOC (course lock & home lock), and Manual (optional). Must be enabled over USB using Phantom Assistant app. Also has a completely different set of LED status codes, which give you more detailed information.

jimre said:
garygid said:

NAZA mode is one of two overall configurations or "personalities" for your Phantom:

Phantom 2 Vision Mode = Beginner mode, standard GPS flight only. Advanced features disabled. How it comes out of the box.

NAZA Mode = Expert mode, lets you enable advanced features like ATTI, IOC (course lock & home lock), and Manual (optional). Must be enabled over USB using Phantom Assistant app. Also has a completely different set of LED status codes, which give you more detailed information.

Don't be afraid of NAZA-M!

I hesitated to enable it, then once I was enabled (but hadn't thrown the switch yet), I didn't go for it until the weather was perfect and I was wide open area etc etc...

WOW! When 'Big Brother' gets too far away to see which way the nose is pointed, flip it to NAZA home mode and no matter which way the nose is pointed it comes straight back to you when you pull back on the right stick. I think NAZA is easier to fly, and the side view camera shots are much easier than trying to jockey the nose versus the camera angle etc etc. I really like it!

After saying all of that? LEARN TO FLY IT IN VISION MODE FIRST. The GPS will save your bacon if you let go of everything in a panic and hold your position, and you'll have a better idea of flying backwards (when the nose is pointing at you, coming in for a landing).

I feel now that I have fly with better control in Vision mode, but can compose special flying effects with the NAZA mode.

Was that confusing enough? If you take anything from this post, DON'T BE AFRAID of enabling NAZA. I'd recommend setting the S1 switch for FAILSAFE (return home) and NOT MANUAL- that could be a disaster, but I haven't crossed that bridge- still too nervous.

-- after re-reading that post, I can do better.

I take off and fly most often in Vision mode (S1 and S2 up position)

I switch to NAZA home lock when I want to just come straight back to home, or fly a side angle camera view

I choose ATTI when I want a smooth camera view, without the little GPS adjustments (this is the most challenging mode for me so far- drifting with the breeze, and not stooping forward travel when you let go- but fun to fly!).

Then, FAILSAFE is always available on S1, but haven't had to use it yet.

Sorry that was so scattered, I'm excited.

:shock:

Pull_Up said:
Yeah, you need to learn a new set of led codes when switching to NAZA. The red flashes decrease from 3 to 2 to 1 to none once you have locked on <4, 5, 6 or more satellites respectively.

Make sure you've read up on all the other NAZA functions as well before you try them or you might end up confused. If in doubt, both transmitter switches fully up will put you back in the equivalent of Vision GPS mode... (but again with different LED status indicators - different for compass calibration too, don't let that one catch you out)

:!: :!: :!:

Pull_up's info is really important if you switch to NAZA-M.

Know those light codes! Wait for the green 'chatter' of LED's to know that the aircraft is ready (which only happens once), it means your home location is set- equivalent to the Vision mode of continuously blinking green (ready to fly with GPS).

We made up a light chart on a sticker (below) because I couldn't find one anywhere that was concise:

Attachments

• web naza-m.jpg
    web naza-m.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 6,078
Is there an accurate user manual for this mode? I'm trying to better understand the difference between Intelligent Mode and Immediate Mode... both which are part of the NAZA mode. Anyone get this?

race3 said:
Is there an accurate user manual for this mode? I'm trying to better understand the difference between Intelligent Mode and Immediate Mode... both which are part of the NAZA mode. Anyone get this?

Valuable info: scroll down the page the the NAZA Quick Start guide- page 12 provides LED info

http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-downloads/

race3 said:

(1) Immediate Mode: If you select this mode, in any control mode, once motors start and throttle stick is over 10%, motors will not stop immediately only when throttle stick is back under 10% the motors will stop. In this case, if you push the throttle stick over 10% within 5 seconds after motors stop, motors will re-start, CSC is not needed. If you don’t push throttle stick after motors start in three seconds, motors will stop automatically.

(2) Intelligent Mode: By using this mode, different control mode has different way of stopping motors. In Manual Mode, only executing CSC can stop motors. In ATTI. Mode or GPS ATTI. Mode, any one of following four cases will stop motors:
a) You don’t push throttle stick after motors start within three seconds;
b) Executing CSC;
c) Throttle stick under 40%, and after landing for more than 3 seconds.
d) If the angle of multi-rotor is over 70°, and throttle stick under 10%.

I prefer Intelligent Mode as I am fearful that I could unknowingly power off the motors in the air by pulling down on the throttle for too long in Immediate mode. Although I could still accidentally shut down the motors with the CSC in intelligment, I think that is less likely as I have been consciously avoiding pulling both sticks down at the same time.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M-V2_Start_&_Stop_Motor

Edit: I also think landing with option C of Intelligent mode is the right way to go, as many people have mentioned that landing and executing CSC almost guarantees a tip-over.

i don't understand fully... on that Wiki page it says:

(3) If you choose the Intelligent mode, and the throttle stick is under 10%, this will trigger the landing Procedure, in any control mode. In this judgment, pitch, roll and yaw controls are denied except the throttle, but multi-rotor will still auto level.

Really? So in immediate mode it shuts the motors down and in Intelligent Mode it initiates a landing procedure if the throttle is pulled to less than 10% ??? Something sounds wrong to me.

race3 said:

(3) If you choose the Intelligent mode, and the throttle stick is under 10%, this will trigger the landing Procedure, in any control mode. In this judgment, pitch, roll and yaw controls are denied except the throttle, but multi-rotor will still auto level.

No, that's immediate mode. Intelligent mode will shut off the motors if throttle is under 40% and AFTER landing for 3+ seconds (this is a formula, not separate motor shut off initiations).

Jre said:
race3 said:

No, that's immediate mode. Intelligent mode will shut off the motors if throttle is under 40% and AFTER landing for 3+ seconds (this is a formula, not separate motor shut off initiations).

That's what I thought but i copied and pasted this from the manual.

race3 said:
Jre said:
race3 said:

That's what I thought but i copied and pasted this from the manual.

Disregard... I've now learned from another post that the Phantom Vision only has a NAZA "like" mode... and Immediate / Intelligent Mode do not apply...

So, are there no Naza mode manuals for the P2V, which apparently has only a Naza-like mode?

Where are Attitude Mode, or Home, or Course modes for the P2V documented?

Is there even a clear description of the various S1 and S2 modes as used by the P2V,
in Vision mode and in Naza mode?

There is a confusion of Naza stuff for other models, and the "normal" Naza functions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic