1.9.6 Update Question...

Reaction score
I was going to update to this version but realized I will be on vacation soon (during first week of July). My AC seems to be flying fine with my current FW. Is there any benefits to updating now, or should I just wait until after I get back? I plan on bringing my P3P with me on this vacation. I guess the short-winded question is... Has anyone encountered any major problems with this newest firmware update? Thanks.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Read the firmware note's. If it is not an addition that you may wan't, stay with what works. Like the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It works fine for me.

for those who don't know how to update.
here is how:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have been flying with 1.8.8 and was having terrible trouble with my gimbal making smooth, level adjustments when I turned the aircraft. I was okay when taking photos because I can easily level the horizon in Lightroom. But filming while slowly panning was terrible as my horizons would tilt miserably. I've had a ticket open with DJI for the past week, they suggested I upgrade to 1.9.6, link my RC, perform a IMU and then a gimbal calibration. I have done every type of gimbal calibration with no success and have done several cool, level IMU calibrations with no success. I really didn't think this would help because when I read what the 1.9 firmware addresses, it says nothing about gimbals.

Well, I did what they requested and just took my bird out to fly. I did several hard turns and generally put her thru the ringer and my gimbal was steady as a rock! I can't believe it! I'm going to test her tomorrow but I've got my fingers crossed. I know a lot of pilots are having tilted horizon problems so I wanted to share my story. Going to 1.9.60 was a necessity for me.

ok so I am updating now and for about 15 minutes it blinked red and green then the camera did a bunch of turns then the red lite stays solid and it is making a buzzing sound been about 30 minutes what do I do?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers