P3 Firmware 1.8.80 firmware kills your signal range

Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all.

I have a Phantom 3 Profession.

Was forced into a firmware update by the DJI nagware.

I was running 1.06.0040 with great 1500+ feet range, but i could not get the build in map to work.

I finally caved in , updated to 1.8.80............and now my range craps out about 350 feet.

Same flying location, batteries,etc.

The only thing that has changed is the aircraft's firmware.

Title pretty much says it all.
I have a Phantom 3 Profession.
Was forced into a firmware update by the DJI nagware.
I was running 1.06.0040 with great 1500+ feet range, but i could not get the build in map to work.
I finally caved in , updated to 1.8.80............and now my range craps out about 350 feet.
Same flying location, batteries,etc.
The only thing that has changed is the aircraft's firmware.

I've only had my new p3p a couple of months and it was on FW 1.8.80 but never tried much distance but this week I've updated to 1.9.60 and for the first time I stretched my legs so to speak and sent it 2000ft away over the fields with no problem whatsoever ,had full video on my headplay all the time, really pleased with it.

Sorry to say but your not the only one in this boat

Many many people suffering the same as you i am one of them

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

" 350 feet? It's not the firmware problem. Something else is broken. "

Well, it's not that.

It's the firmware. And now DJI has upgraded the DJI GO App as well.....so expect more stuff to go wrong.

yikes im on 1.7.6 and I'm so tempted to update but I keep holding out because of posts like this

Hello i have stantard3 when is avalaible the new firmware?
This isn't for the Standard and the newest firmware hasn't been released yet . It's still in beta and it is 1.7.8 unless I'm mistaken .

Still on 1.2.6 version with pilot ap.. no problems at all and fly several miles. Decided the novilty need for follow me or orbit wasn't worth the hassle of continiouly keeping up with updates.
just dedicate a tablet thats always in airplane mode so no forced updates work great.
best platfrom ever, no problems.

Reactions: 80Aerial
I just wrote a much more verbose post that you articulated much better than I did on this same subject!

Sent from my PT beating heart

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20