P3 Firmware 1.7.9 Loses R/C Signal Fast

Reaction score
I updated my phantom 3 standard to 1.7.9 two days ago and now I lose R/C signal at about 150 meters. Before I update I used to get up to 600 meters on my phantom. Anyone know how I can fix this or what is wrong with it.

Try deleting the app and reinstalling this is a common problem with the phantom updates

I have never noticed range reduction due to FW upgrade. May be you had increased wifi interference. What else did you change?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had the same issue, and after many posts, i ended up sending my p3s back. Is now being repaired under warranty.

Apparently it was a main board fault, presumably caused by the FW update

I ended up buying a p3p, and plan to sell my standard, and have never been happier. The lightbridge range is incredible

Sent from my HTC One M9 using PhantomPilots mobile app

i have like 3 - 4 bars of signal when my controller is right next to the drone after this update. still flies, hovers does what it needs to do but i notice that the rc signal is very erratic since after the update. i should be maxing out bars for quite a distance away from me especially with argtek antennas where the connections have been double and triple checked. worked solid before the update.

I have the same problem? Any idea how to get two steps down from 1.7.9 to 1.5.7?

you cant I already Tried.. It comes back and says in the log that it cannot be rolled back, once you get on 1.7.9 . Im having the issue of R/C Signal Lost since the upgrade to 1.7.9 . Ive exhausted nearly everything on this forum and DJI Support Forums.

If anyone has an Idea how to just update the P3S Controller manually Id appreciate it. I think thats the main issue, I dont think the controller got updated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr