1.5.7 rc upgrade crash?

Reaction score
the other day I was prompted to do a upgrade to my p3a rc controller in the go app. I did the upload and started the upgrade process. Now I have nothing,no signal, no communication between bird ..& Rc. I have tried all the possible binding procedures, but because the rc is locked, solid very light blue /green color status light...not the deep blue color you see when upgrading. I think My controller crashed? has anyone had this issue,and not resolved it on there own, and is it best to send it into dji? I have owned this for 7 weeks,never had any issues at all, no crashes or hard landings, controller and bird are mint,not a scratch. 20 -25 flights is about all. I understand the firmware upload processes on the bird and rc , never had a issue before,always easily successful . Thanks for any advice,Jim

the other day I was prompted to do a upgrade to my p3a rc controller in the go app. I did the upload and started the upgrade process. Now I have nothing,no signal, no communication between bird ..& Rc. I have tried all the possible binding procedures, but because the rc is locked, solid very light blue /green color status light...not the deep blue color you see when upgrading. I think My controller crashed? has anyone had this issue,and not resolved it on there own, and is it best to send it into dji? I have owned this for 7 weeks,never had any issues at all, no crashes or hard landings, controller and bird are mint,not a scratch. 20 -25 flights is about all. I understand the firmware upload processes on the bird and rc , never had a issue before,always easily successful . Thanks for any advice,Jim
Hi Jim. what do you mean by this statement, "I did the upload and started the upgrade process." I just want to confirm that you are doing the RC FW update entirely in the GO app and not the old way via USB.

Since you said that your RC is "locked" after the FW update, maybe this will help. I have read that some have had success forcing the RC into the update state again by doing the following. Disclaimer: I have not had to do this myself, just passing along what I read.

Press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app again.

Reset_P3_RC.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Hi Jim. what do you mean by this statement, "I did the upload and started the upgrade process." I just want to confirm that you are doing the RC FW update entirely in the GO app and not the old way via USB.

I have read that some have had success forcing the RC into the update state by doing the following. Disclaimer: I have not had to do this myself, just passing along what I read.

Press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app again.

View attachment 45314

thanks for the reply. Yes I did the 1.5.7 rc firmware upgrade from the go app. I do not believe you can do it any other way. soon as I did that my rc froze, and that was that, locked tight. I did the exact steps above and the one where you hold c1 c2 and shutter button , power cycle rc offf -on and tried installing 1.5.7 again, but same thing locked up tight. I have never had this issue with any other upgrades until the 1.5.7 thanks for advice

thanks for the reply. Yes I did the 1.5.7 rc firmware upgrade from the go app. I do not believe you can do it any other way. soon as I did that my rc froze, and that was that, locked tight. I did the exact steps above and the one where you hold c1 c2 and shutter button , power cycle rc offf -on and tried installing 1.5.7 again, but same thing locked up tight. I have never had this issue with any other upgrades until the 1.5.7 thanks for advice
I also uninstalled the go app, re installed, tried different usb cable, my wifes phone. same results. the bird flashes yellow blinking status lights, and red light on gimball/camera. app says rc is updated to latest 1.5.7 but it is locked tight.

the bird flashes yellow blinking status lights, and red light on gimball/camera. app says rc is updated to latest 1.5.7 but it is locked tight.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "locked tight"? If you can navigate to the "About" section of the Go app to see the version level at 1.5.7, to me that means you can navigate around anywhere in the Go app. In that case it's NOT locked tight, since you can navigate the app screens. Please explain what the GoApp isn't doing. Is it simply not connecting to the bird with the video link?

Did you upgrade the bird to 1.6 at the same time?

Hi John, yes if i go to- about- it says i have latest firmware, I also have a red banner no signal , after I successfully installed 1.5.7 , The status color on the rc after 1.5.7 was installed went to a very light blue color, and stays solid , no matter what binding procedures I have tried. no communication between bird and rc. lights on bird flash yellow, and red on gimball/camera. Tried everything I know,Nothing helps. Like I said, Im not new to doing upgrades on dji products or in this case my p3a...I swear my rc is locked, I cannot bind, or force update. Thanks,Jim

Hi John, yes if i go to- about- it says i have latest firmware, I also have a red banner no signal , after I successfully installed 1.5.7 , The status color on the rc after 1.5.7 was installed went to a very light blue color, and stays solid , no matter what binding procedures I have tried. no communication between bird and rc. lights on bird flash yellow, and red on gimball/camera. Tried everything I know,Nothing helps. Like I said, Im not new to doing upgrades on dji products or in this case my p3a...I swear my rc is locked, I cannot bind, or force update. Thanks,Jim
I should add that if I go to-about- in the go app, I no longer have any info about the bird in relationship to firmware status, this simply means no communication is happening between bird and rc I believe

I have had 1.6 o the bird for 6 weeks ,no issues at all.

Issue resolved I did the c1 - c2 force install procedure, and it took this time. All is good. I should mention , that I did initiate the above procedure several times in the past few days with no luck, not even going to start to understand this Issue I had, happy it works again!

Issue resolved I did the c1 - c2 force install procedure, and it took this time. All is good. I should mention , that I did initiate the above procedure several times in the past few days with no luck, not even going to start to understand this Issue I had, happy it works again!
That's great news Jim. I'm glad the procedure worked for you. Cheers sir!

Hold buttons, launch app...let go of buttons after app is launched. You should see that you can then install the upgraded firmware. I did this 3 times before it worked. Let me know

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31