1.4 or 1.6

Reaction score
Hi I'm currently in the dilemma of my p3p being on fw1.5 after Dji decided to update my perfect flying 1.19 after shell crack repair. Do I go 1.4 or 1.6?
Thanks
Ste

No, I have the P3 A from new which I always updated asap, however lots of problems with 1.5.

With all the offers on the newer advanced at present bought one which had 1.32 but upgraded to get the extra feature set.

Reactions: SteUk
Using the latest 1.6 firmware on my p3p without issue (so far)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Why not use 1.6?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does anyone have a list of compatible GO App versions for each firmware version?. Does anyone know how to acquire old app versions? IOS and Android?.

Because there is no benefit to be had from selecting 1.6 over 1.4. 1.6 was an emergency update primarily released to overcome the battery shutdown issue introduced in 1.5. 1.4 & below do not suffer the battery shutdown issue. The "solution" offered is to limit the Phantom's thrust under certain situations, thereby reducing power & performance. At the same time DJI began implementing the GEO feature. If running 1.4 there are no new features or benefits to running 1.6. Further, once you go to 1.6 you are committed & can't go back to 1.4.

Why not use 1.6?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Oso
Hi I'm currently in the dilemma of my p3p being on fw1.5 after Dji decided to update my perfect flying 1.19 after shell crack repair. Do I go 1.4 or 1.6?
Thanks
Ste
I try my new phantom 3 pro with the new update 1.6 and I am satisfied with the goods and problems fix from 1.4 and new dröne motors so lovely silence

Reactions: SteUk
Because there is no benefit to be had from selecting 1.6 over 1.4. 1.6 was an emergency update primarily released to overcome the battery shutdown issue introduced in 1.5. 1.4 & below do not suffer the battery shutdown issue. The "solution" offered is to limit the Phantom's thrust under certain situations, thereby reducing power & performance. At the same time DJI began implementing the GEO feature. If running 1.4 there are no new features or benefits to running 1.6. Further, once you go to 1.6 you are committed & can't go back to 1.4.

What he said....

Because there is no benefit to be had from selecting 1.6 over 1.4. 1.6 was an emergency update primarily released to overcome the battery shutdown issue introduced in 1.5.

Release notes from 1.6:
What’s New: 1. In cold environments, propulsion output is automatically adjusted based on battery temperature and cell voltage. Horizontal and vertical speed is also decreased to avoid triggering battery protection.

Release notes from 1.5:
a. Fixes is the drifting issues some people were experiencing. Your P3 should be steady as a rock again now
b. Fixed upgrade issues related to the camera.
c. Plauback issues resolved.
d. The Flight Recorder logs are no READ ONLY.
e. Fixed P3P no live feed issue some users experienced ( even though OSD data was shown ).
4.There is NO RC firmware included in this release. But iyuor RCfirmware is older than v1.3.20, it is recomended t upgrade this to v1.3.20 before updating the Aircraft to 1.5.00.30.
5. There is NO battery update included in this firmware version.
The DJI GO All will display the Aircraft firmware as 1.4.10+ after the update is completed sucessfully.

1.5 was not a battery update. So I don't see how it could have created a problem with the batteries that 1.6 needed to correct by updating the batteries. The problem really happens when it's cold outside so this problem only showed up once winter rolled around.

So I'd _HIGHLY_ recommend people upgrade to 1.6 firmware, especially if you are flying in colder weather.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic