1.3 Miles Today! Stock. P3S.

Reaction score
So today I went back to to the reservoir where I chickened out just under a mile last week and let her rip!

1.3 miles! Perfect conditions obviously but still. ;)

52d67ea0198d6bc756433f1ce7240ee8.jpg

780b60c6919288e524474476f65e9302.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice. What do you get around your house? Assuming yu live in a semi populated area that is

I live in a no fly zone. Most of everything from San Jose (where I live) all the way up to SF is a no fly zone.

So if I want to fly, and fly far, I have to drive south. That's where I flew today. About an hour south of me.

Looks like a fun flight awesome!

Reactions: jointeffort
Wow, if that's Anderson lake, it looks really low! I used to live in Santa Clara (and my son lives in Sunnyvale). I've been looking at the no-fly zones in the southbay and wondered where I could fly my P3S when I drove down to visit next time. This answers my question, "far from the bay." Too bad, there are many locations I would like to photograph that are off-limits (the golden gate bridge, for example).

I guess part of Calif is still in a drought then? Terrible. Distance is something I haven't jacked with yet. I suppose I will, eventually, but its good to know guys are getting decent distances out of a standard. Thanks

Well, I would, but doing favors for people in the park has kind of turned into a business. They don't want their picture taken if they don't know about it, but they like pictures they can send their kids, and from up in the air is an *** kicker. I can only imagine what their kids say, "where did you get those pictures from?!?!" I did it for free at first, but they were kind of put off that I wouldn't take anything for it, so I started taking invitations to dinner as payment. That started to get me fat, so now I just tell em whatever they want to give me in the way of a fee is fine. I'm not getting rich, but then, I don't need to get rich. And I'm flying the drone and they don't think I'm spying.

Congrats. Just about what I got the other day. Let me see if you have me beat I'm not sure. It's pretty close. But impressive being that its stock. .
8d396858579a0f58712e8a1cf6b96639.jpg

Congrats. Just about what I got the other day. Let me see if you have me beat I'm not sure. It's pretty close. But impressive being that its stock. .

You got him beat as 2289 meters is about 7510 feet. But most impressively for both of you. It is great to great such distance out of those stock P3s. Congrats to both of you.

Wow, if that's Anderson lake, it looks really low! I used to live in Santa Clara (and my son lives in Sunnyvale). I've been looking at the no-fly zones in the southbay and wondered where I could fly my P3S when I drove down to visit next time. This answers my question, "far from the bay." Too bad, there are many locations I would like to photograph that are off-limits (the golden gate bridge, for example).
It's actually Uvas Resevoir. I'm so glad you used to be in my area. I want to fly Anderson. I believe it's not a nfz. Uvas is low in the picture but it's actually the highest I've seen it. The satellite image must be old.

Reactions: FlyinBrian

Nice flight, man!

a59910b7b8a7a14397470cb579b56aad.jpg

It's actually Uvas Resevoir. I'm so glad you used to be in my area. I want to fly Anderson. I believe it's not a nfz. Uvas is low in the picture but it's actually the highest I've seen it. The satellite image must be old.

Uvas, Anderson, Coyote reservoir, I've been all over the southbay lakes with my boat. Now to get the drone out there (when I visit, I'm in Oregon now)!

Uvas, Anderson, Coyote reservoir, I've been all over the southbay lakes with my boat. Now to get the drone out there (when I visit, I'm in Oregon now)!
Hit me up when you come out!

Where in Oregon do you fly? My sister just moved to Bend.

So if your at the pier at Fort Baker, you can't fly up and get a pic of the GG Bridge next to it?

So if your at the pier at Fort Baker, you can't fly up and get a pic of the GG Bridge next to it?
I'm sure you could. I am not sure what the rules are about going end-to-end (like I saw in a P3P video recently, and it's a beautiful view from up there). I just keep thinking about when a buddy and I flew a Cessna over the golden gate and then thinking how often aircraft do that! It's also not far from SFO, but I don't know how far without looking at a map. Let me know if you do it. I won't be in the Bay Area until summer probably. Anyway it wouldn't hurt to check on any flight restrictions around it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl