1.1.1 Self Tightening Propeller Replacements

Reaction score
Ello Ello

Considering my latest mishap with having to replace my shell (allowing a novice to fly copter smh) I also replaced my original self tightening propellers with the second set that came with my phantom. As I am preparing to upgrade my phantom a bit with a gimbal and such I was considering getting new propellers. I'm looking into carbon fiber jobbies. Anyway, I was curious if I have to get self tightening propellers like the ones that came originally with the Phantom or if I can can get regular ones.

Thanks for tolerating my noobness.

kitty

You can get regular ones, as long as they're bored out to the right diameter for shaft on the motors. However, I tried a number of CF props (8" and 9") on my original Phantom, and I still just ended up using the stock props found on the P2 (9.4" self-tightening).

OI Photography said:
You can get regular ones, as long as they're bored out to the right diameter for shaft on the motors. However, I tried a number of CF props (8" and 9") on my original Phantom, and I still just ended up using the stock props found on the P2 (9.4" self-tightening).
Thank you :) do you find you have issues with them being unbalanced?

VeritasDolet said:
OI Photography said:
Thank you :) do you find you have issues with them being unbalanced?

I haven't tested mine yet on the balancer, but they haven't given any vibration or anything I would attest to being heavily unbalanced. I'm usually using at least an anti-vibration mount for the camera, so I don't know if I'd see any more effect from them if I wasn't using it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31