0.0.0.0 GPS module, even with a brand new one

Reaction score
Dear fellow DJI flyers!

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Great forum!

I've bought a used Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal and a ImmersionRC 600mW VTx and I've flown it 8 times with great success. Wonderful gadget.

My problem is the GPS module. About 3 weeks ago I went out for a flight, and the GPS couldn't lock on to any sattelites. Waited 15 minutes, checked GPS plan on my iPhone to see GPS coverage and calibrated the compass. Not even a single satellite (using iOSD mini). I googled around for a while and found out the ceramic antenna on top og the GPS module could be damaged, and when I opened up i saw a small scratch on the antenna and thought that could be it. Ordered a replacement from Digikey, replaced it with no problems, and still 0 satellites and 5 rapid red flashes when i try to activate with CSC.

Then I tried to connect my Phantom to the assistant software and saw the GPS Hardware ID and Firmware showed up as 0.0.0.0. I thought 'oh well, the GPS module is busted for some reason' and went ahead and bought a rather expensive replacement module from eBay. Recieved it today, installed it carefully, but unfortunably it still shows up as 0.0.0.0 in the assistant software. It bugs me soo much and I've spend hours browsing this and other forums for some tips and tricks to get flying again, but no avail

I should mention that I take great care of all my electronic equipment and I've never crashed nor abused my quad.

What is my next step? Is there any way to 'restart' the Naza?

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any help! I'm desprerate at this point

/Søren, Denmark

The GPS cable is poorly designed. The 4 pin doesn't connect firmly and is very loose. Try adding something that would create a firm solid connection. I placed some sticky tape on the cable and this acts like a wedge. Others have used the snipped end of cable ties to wedge the connection.

Read the following thread by Ianwood it's the fifth post down on page 1. To bad you spent all that money for nothing.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/long-cold-start-after-upgrading-to-ver-2-1-esc-solved.32728/

I read the post, and as far as I'm guessing the firmware should show up, regardless of cold or hot start, or am I mistaken here?

The GPS cable is poorly designed. The 4 pin doesn't connect firmly and is very loose. Try adding something that would create a firm solid connection. I placed some sticky tape on the cable and this acts like a wedge. Others have used the snipped end of cable ties to wedge the connection.

Thanks for suggesting this, I've had that thought too. I tried wedging it firmy in place with some paper for a more firm connection, but that didn't seem to fix it. Still shows up as 0.0.0.0 in my Assistant software

Thanks again everyone

smj135, did you try a full imu callibration?

last option would be to reset the naza.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj