Łazienki Park Aerial - Sony RX 100

Showed this to my wife who's from Warsaw. Lovely.

Got any pictures of your setup? I'm interested to see how you mounted the RX100.

Thanks.

It's attached with a tripod screw to an anti-vibration mount from eBay. It's pointing straight forward.

DJIPhantomSonyRX1004_zps430cedb1.jpg

Thank you.

The video is stable due to all reasons you mention. There was no wind this morning, I selected the most stable sequences and the camera has built-in optical stabilization. Flying slowly in these conditions, the RX 100 delivers stable, sharp and natural looking video straight from camera, without a gimbal.

Lovely video and nice flying. I also have the RX100 but have not gotten the nerve to fly it on the Phantom especially over water. I may try my older Canon S95 for still shots. Its video quality is not as good as the RX100 but at least does not have the fisheye effect like the GoPro. The S95 also has excellent stabilization.

@hasofy

Does the RX 100 have a continuous mode that will capture still images over time. All I could find was continuous is you hold the shutter button, or a series of up to 5 or something.

For example, is there a drive setting to have the camera take a picture every 2 seconds for 10 minutes or something along those lines. Would be great for multilrotor use.

@syotr

Glad you enjoyed the video.

I've tried the S95 on my Phantom, but didn't like it. Straight from camera the video was shaky and blurred, with unnatural colours. It might be good for stills, but I didn't try that out.

@Dave Pitman

Thanks.

No, unfortunately it doesn't, but you could use a rubber band to keep the shutter button pressed down and take photos in RAW to get time intervals of 1-2 seconds between the shots.

syotr said:
Lovely video and nice flying. I also have the RX100 but have not gotten the nerve to fly it on the Phantom especially over water. I may try my older Canon S95 for still shots. Its video quality is not as good as the RX100 but at least does not have the fisheye effect like the GoPro. The S95 also has excellent stabilization.

I really want to mount my S95 for stills. Let me know your findings and I will if I end up doing it before you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31