£20 tablet with 10.1" screen for phantom........

You need a nice processor in the device. It is not true that the remote does all of your video rendering. Before getting my note 5 and note7 I used to use an old Motorola droid,which would work but video feed would become glitchy, like I was getting close to max range. Well I found out that it was the phones processor not able to keep up with all the high graphic picture changes.

View attachment 65001 View attachment 65002then another thought hit me... people have said you need a powerful processor on a tablet to give the live view...well that's when it hit me. its not the tablet giving you the live view.... its the remote..after all that's what connects to the phantom, all the remote does is feed the signal in a "plug in and play" manner to the tablet.

so my theory is this... if a tablet can watch youtube videos, then surely it can watch the footage that the remote is sending to it.

No. There has to be some CPU/GPU power in the mobile device.

I initially had a very old tablet that could play Youtube just well among other tasks. But it just barely could handle DJI GO app or Litchi. And I mean the video feed was choppy and lagged up to 1-2 MINUTES when used. I tried all resource-saving voodoo.

I then got a new tablet. No worries anymore. It just works.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I've tried several tablets and phones, but if it is not DJI compatible, forget 'bout it!
Reasoning behind getting an approved device is for the seamless transmission; if you get a non-compatible device the footage is very choppy, and you cannot rely on looking FPV.
Spend the extra cash, and get an approved device.

Earlier in the thread I posted I picked up a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 for cheap. Well its back on ebay.. doesn't connect to the controller in the field.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31